You're More Confident Than You Think

You're More Confident Than You Think

Because what's wrong with being confident?

21
You're More Confident Than You Think
SI

Recently during my sisterhood's Thanksgiving dinner, we wrote little notes to each other. A few notes in particular tugged at the heart string and a few of them made me think... I have been told that I have confidence and some people envy me because of my confidence. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

Everyday we compare ourselves to people we idolize, people we have just met, or people we see crossing the street. It becomes a daily routine for girls to go through other girls Instagram accounts and thinking they aren't good enough because they don't have a body like Kylie Jenner.

I'm guilty of going on other girls' Instagram accounts envying their makeup, hair, and smile. I actually did that an hour ago! Girls/women like me don't realize that other girls are viewing our accounts as well and thinking the same thing!

Confidence is not about being perfect. Confidence is about accepting your insecurities and focusing on all of your good qualities.

I can tell you from first hand experience, it is not easy to get rid of that little voice in your head saying you're not good enough. We are our worst critics.

I can see why my sisters say I'm confident. I'm not afraid to be me anymore. I always thought I had to put on this persona when in social settings in order to be liked but I learned that there are people out there that accept you for you.

You are the perfect you.

I am the perfect me.

Love yourself dammit!