You're A Good Good Father

You're A Good Good Father

"You're a good good father it's who you are, and I'm loved by you It's who I am"

54
You're A Good Good Father
Mikayla Gregory

These days as I listen to Pandora and I attend church and organizations on campus that sing praise to Jesus, this song keeps coming up. This song Good Good Father plays on my pandora at least once a day and tonight this was one of the songs that was played at BCM. (for those of you who don't know what that is, it's a ministry program on campus)

I just feel like at this point in my life God is drilling this song into my head. He's telling me that he's a good, good father and nothing can change that. He's telling me he loves me and even though my earthly father hasn't shown me this type of love it still exists. He's telling me he loves me. As this song was being sung tonight at BCM, I was reminded of the greatness of God and the greatness of his love for me and for all of his children and the amazingness of the character of God.

The songs begin by saying "I've heard a thousand stories of what they think you're like, but I've heard the tender whispers of your love in the dead of night." That just rings to be so true, we hear all these stories of what everyone thinks you're like but you talk to us you tell us what we need to hear whether its two in the afternoon or two in the morning, you show us what we need to see, and tell us what we need to hear.

The chorus of the song says "You're a good good father, it's who you are and I'm loved by you it's who I am" The amount of truth in that chorus is overwhelming. God is a good good father and thats who he is, and we are loved by him thats who we are. God doesn't care where you messed up along the way as long as you're truly sorry and tell him, then he forgives you and he loves you unconditionally. We're all gonna mess up and feel like we don't deserve Gods love. We as humans WILL make mistakes and mess up and we'll feel unworthy. But God is that father whether you have a great earthly father or your earthly father is a mere memory in your life, God loves you like a father, he is our heavenly father.

Another verse in this song says, "It's love so undeniable I, I can hardly speak, peace so unexplainable I, I can hardly think." I don't know about you but that's hard for me to fathom. The fact that God loves us no matter what, his love is so undeniable it makes us speechless. God cares so much for me and you that it makes us speechless. Gods loves that great. The part that's always gotten to me is the peace. The unexplainable peace, things happen that we get upset about and when we give those things completely to God we have a peace like no other. The fact that God loves us so much is amazing.

God, Thank you for all you do for us and thank you for loving us. Thank you for sending your son to die on the cross for our sins. Thank you for being our father, thank you for giving us peace when we need it. Thank you for being an amazing, loving, selfless God. Thank you, God, We Love You.