Don't Let These College Years Slip By

Don't Let These College Years Slip By

You're gonna miss this.

9
Don't Let These College Years Slip By
Kaitlyn Welsh

One day we're going to look back on these days and think, "Wow, those were some amazing years". There's going to be times when we wish we could go back to those carefree and crazy learning years of our lives. There will never be another time like this except for now and it's extremely important we cherish all of these times while we can before they turn into memories. These college years are where we meet people who will leave an impact on us forever, where we make crazy stupid memories and where we learn what the world is really about-good or bad. Whether it's junior college, Ivy league, small school or big school, these are some of the best years of ours lives. The best part is, we are living in these years right now, so let's appreciate every moment while we can and never let a moment pass by unnoticed.

After college, you won't be able to get drunk on unnecessary week day nights just because. You will no longer be living in the same room as your best friends, eating every meal with them, going to class with them and basically never leaving their side. After college, it will no longer be as fun to do the stupid rowdy things we do in college just because we are bored. We should cherish the fact that we have all of our peers and friends around us on campus and around town all the time. There's a sense of family on our campuses that we may not get elsewhere. We get to lounge around on weekends and wear sweats to class. We get to do spontaneous things and ditch all responsibilities for a day to sit in the sun. There will be a time where we no longer do this, and we will miss it.

College can be extremely challenging at times. Schedules get busy, drama happens, sleep gets deprived, stress builds up and classes get demanding. However, these times are times we should also cherish. Those sleepless nights living off of coffee are eventually going to be memories you love and cherish. It's easy to love the good times, but the greatest part of this all is learning to love the difficult times. Understanding adversity and the challenges of this world are vital lessons learned throughout our college years. We learn not everything is as it seems and people aren't who we thought. We discover there are people out there completely different than you and sometimes it can be a huge eye opener. We learn our lives will only be exactly what we make of them, based off our own work. There will no longer be handouts in the real world and eventually we learn to accept adversity and stress. These are the years when you have to suck it up and learn to be mature, but that's a part of the journey. You want to be able to look back and see the changes that were made in you and be thankful for them. If it weren't for adversity pushing you to be better, you wouldn't find the will to change otherwise.

One day, you will look back and remember you and your best friend crying laughing on the library floor at midnight due to lack of sleep and slap happy jokes. You will remember those crazy day trips you planned that morning. You will remember the weekends when all you would do is lay around in sweats, eat junk food and watch Netflix. Looking back you will wish you were cruising down the highway with your friends blasting music, taking in the sunshine and postponing that study session. These are the times we should never take for granted because they will be gone before we know it.

Here's to some amazing years in our lives. You're gonna miss this, so don't blink.