Your Words Are What Controls Your Destiny

You're really just saying anything.....

90
Marginalia

Did you know that your mouth was given to you for more than just eating and drinking?

But for charting your course in life….hmmmmmm lets see;

Currently as college students, we face many challenges with coming into adulthood. The main one is “What are you going to do, when you come out of college?"

See the problem is that most people are not sure of what career they want to go into, or what they want to do period.

This decision requires time, effort, planning and the most important thing, words.

Words have power and they control your destiny.

Have you ever spent time just talking about what goals you want to accomplish?

Or where you see yourself within in the next six months?

Or how about your plan for college?

All of these questions determine how your future will look.

If you don’t speak on it, it will never happen.

I’ll give you an example:

I’ll be a sophomore in the fall and my goal was to have an internship for this current summer. Now, I know internships are primarily given to those who was are juniors in college because at that point you should know more about your career. However, that makes no sense to wait until junior year to look/get an internship because if you don’t like that career, it will be even more of a challenge of diving into something else. So, I decided to continuously say “I’m going to get an internship irrespective of the circumstances (the fact that I was a freshman at the time). Now along with saying this I applied for some and made calls as well. It was around the beginning of June and I still hadn’t had an internship secured however I kept declaring with my mouth that I will get one, and lo and behold, I finally did. Now I’m telling you this because if I hadn’t of spoken about what I wanted to achieve, it would have never happened. So, I encourage you all to use your mouth to chart your course for life. Your words control your destiny. Speak to your current circumstances or issues with positive words, knowing that you’ll be victorious irrespective of the situation at hand.