10 Things On Your Winter Break To-Do List

Be sure to check these off.

7
WallPaper Safari

If you're reading this, you must be headed home for winter break after a long semester at school. Well, congratulations on a job well done. The work has finally come to a close and you can relax at home for the next month or so. Every year, as I'm studying for finals and cramming to write papers, I always wish I was home already for break, and I think of all the things I would rather be doing instead of studying. However, once the break actually rolls around, I sometimes forget all that I could not wait to enjoy. I need to remind myself to do these things while I can before school starts again in January. I'm sure you've been making to-do lists all semester to keep track of your homework assignments, exams, club meetings, events and maybe even your laundry schedule. In the spirit of winter break, I want to provide you with a much more fun to-do list for you to keep in mind throughout the next few weeks.

1. Spend time with family.

Run errands with your mom, go food shopping with your dad, watch movies with your sister, play video games with your brother. Whatever you do, just enjoy and appreciate being back in their company. They missed you just as much as you missed them.

2. See friends from home.

I'm sure you've been talking all semester about how much you miss your friends from home, so go do something about it. Make sure to spend time with them and catch up on everything going on in their lives. Get ready to bring back all your inside jokes that no one at school understands and to make some new memories.

3. SLEEP!

Enjoy being able to go to sleep as early or as late as you would like to without having to worry about setting an alarm for the morning. Jumping out of bed and throwing on clothes before your 8 AM is no longer necessary.

4. Watch Netflix.

You finally have time to waste hours on Netflix, continuing a favorite show or even starting a new one. Sit back, relax, drink some hot chocolate, and enjoy.

5. Enjoy home-cooked meals.

You now have a break from the food at your school's cafeteria. I'm sure your parents are happy to be setting a place for you at the dinner table once again.

6. Visit all your favorite hometown spots.

Movie theaters, restaurants, coffee shops, stores... you name it.

7. Read for pleasure (not for school).

I'm not a huge reader, but I definitely enjoy reading much more when I get the chance to choose the book and do not have to worry about an upcoming test about it. I'm excited to have the chance to pick up a good book and just enjoy it.

8. Relax and take some lazy days.

Don't be afraid to take a day (or many days) to just do absolutely nothing. You deserve it!

9. Watch plenty of holiday movies.

The Hallmark Channel can definitely help you out with this one ... holiday movies all day, every day.

10. Reflect on a job well done this semester.

Think back to all the challenges you faced this semester and realize how you overcame them and succeeded. Now, relax and take it all in. Happy winter break!!