Don't Forget That Your Voice Matters

Don't Forget That Your Voice Matters

Once you find your voice, don't loose it!

388

We all want to feel a sense of belonging, and that is why we have friends and family to surround ourselves with. However, sometimes we form our own opinion on a topic or we believe in something that not everyone else might agree with, which is completely normal to do. That is what makes us all different and perfect in the image of God. In the past year I have started to find what my voice is about and what my passion is about.

Growing up I was always the quiet soft spoken one in the classroom. At home I was raised to be obedient to my parents and so I did what I was told. Growing up, I was a people pleaser in my friend group, and I still struggle with that today because I didn't like to have the opinion that caused disruption within my friend group. I don't really get involved with the politics and the conversations that come with it because my parents never really pushed their beliefs on me growing up. When other people hear that I don't really have a strong stance they think it is wrong and that I should have a firm stance on what I agree with on how the government runs in my country.

Being involved in Cru, the campus ministry on my campus, has taught me so much about my faith and has even taught me how to share the Gospel with anyone including non believers of Christianity, which is important to me. Being able to grow in my faith over the past year and a half, God has shown me what He can do when I live confidently in him and what miraculous things He can do when He is glorified. He can use anything and turn it into something incredible. I have witnessed it and it has opened my eyes to what I am passionate about and that is sharing the word of God.

God gives those who believe in Him and in his son Jesus a spirit of God to be within us here on Earth. I believe that God does everything for a reason and He placed the people in my life that were involved with Cru last year and even now for a reason because I have been able to grow in sharing what I have a passion for and that voice in me is all in the glorification of God. I know that college students won't always agree with me if I share with them what I believe and tell them about the work that God has done in me and continues to do in my life, but He can use that in their life to hopefully change their story. I know that I have grown so much in voicing what matters to me and I give all my praise to my Heavenly Father.

In 1 Corinthians 2:9-3:3 it talks about what the spirit of God is and why God gave that to us. This is just one piece of scripture that touches on the Holy Spirit, but I pray that God will use what you are passionate about to do that in the glorification of Him because He gave that to you. If you haven't found your voice yet that is OK too, and I pray that He will reveal that to you.