Your Time Is Now

Your Time Is Now

It's time to begin your 'selfish years'

33
Your Time Is Now
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/04/636454361494441883273626204_997725-collage.jpg

As many of us are in our college careers, we now endure new difficulties, new stress, and new problems. Every stage of life has its difficulties, as well as its moments of triumph and euphoria.

High school seniors look forward to college and anxiously await for their new life. They crave the independence, new scenery, and most of all: a newfound control over their life and their time to be who they always wished they could've been.

However, at some point through the start of college months, and years, this drive and compassion for doing what you love can become lost in translation. We all have heard graduates and parents say, "those will be the best four years of your life" and remarks on how fast it flies by.

Before you know it you're halfway through your college career and are worrying about having to enter the real world. However, many of us, myself included, are living aspects of our life to appease others, and to avoid judgment. Spending time with people we would rather avoid, pretending to enjoy doing something, or even feeling reluctant to attending an event in fear of judgment or appearing as an outsider.

There is no more time to stop doing what you love to make others happy. This is not to say you have to become "selfish" but your happiness and quality of life should be your priority, especially in the precious years of your 20's.

My mom always says, "life's short" and now I am starting to appreciate the meaning. Life is short. In middle school, it seems impossible that you'll one day be in college, and now in college, it seems like it will be forever until you are 30 years old, life really is too short.

So start demanding your happiness, and putting yourself first along with your personal needs. Take mental health days, spend a weekend night in, go to a guest speaker by yourself, and post that picture if you want to.

Time to start your amazing life...