The 5 Extremely ~Unsettling~ Ways You Know You're Transitioning Into Your 'Peak' 20s

No more, no less.

259

Graduation szn is upon us and with that comes the looming reality of the end of this one chapter of our lives and onto the next portion of our twenties.

Having said this, there are certain tell-tale signs of the said part of our lives that transitions from our early twenties and into our peak twenties.

1. Still attempting to make potential employers see you for your true worth.

It's incredibly discerning to spend hours on end every day on applying for more jobs than you can imagine, just for it to come back around to hit you in the face when you hear back from absolutely none of them. The funny thing about our peak twenties is that this back and forth thing with applying and then getting rejecting never really comes to a full halt and here's why: there will always be more of us trying to hear back from, at most, one employer but there will always be far less potential employers that want us because there are so many of us applying to the same place already. Taking this fact with a grain of salt will help us to not set ourselves up for disaster but will prepare us to hear the worst of news when we finally do hear back from someone who's willing to take a chance on us.

2. Finally cutting the toxicity out of our lives, once and for all.

This has been a running factor throughout my past articles and for good reason too. When I first began writing these articles, one of the many reasons why I even started was to have my voice heard throughout the trials and tribulations of turning "fake friends" into loyal friends and having loyal friends that stayed just that: loyal. Before getting into the swing of things, I never really thought much about the concept that these so-called "fake friends" stay just the way they are and no amount of changes or fights can ever really change that. Once I began realizing this, it became fairly easy for me to distinguish between those who will always be there for you, even after leaving for a little bit and those who just deserve to be walked away from.

3. Being able to tell between missing a place and missing the people in the said place.

There has always been the faintest of a line separating missing a place and missing the people in a place and I can confidently say that I've come to terms with the difference between the two. For instance, it's necessary to feel the need to miss a place you once had the opportunity to call home but it's incredibly important to single out who made that opportunity worth every second.

4. Being able to decipher between your temporary people and then your forever people.

Piggybacking off of #3, being confident in picking out your "forever people" takes years of trials, tribulations, trial, and error. We go through the highest of highs and the lowest of lows with these people and all the factors in between. These are the people we call home, not to mention who we quite literally call for anything significant (and the not so significant) and they're who we call our forever people.

5. Not giving a sh*t about anything other than what you want to give a sh*t about.

Lastly but certainly not the least, these are about to be the start of our peak twenties and we physically just do not have the time to worry about anything other than ourselves, our wellbeing, and those in our lives we want to worry about and after that, there's just no more room for anyone else.