Your first love will always be in your heart.
Dating

Love is the one thing every heart has in common...

146

I remember the way your hair bounced as you walked down the hallway. It was one of my favorite things about you. The smile graced the walls with murals, life couldn't get any brighter. I catch myself reminiscing in what we had. If times were different I'm sure things would have worked out. My first I love you was an accident. A snapchat sent and heart was pounding, palms were sweaty and salvia was nonexistent. Phone goes off it was you of course. " I love you too" appeared on the screen, and a smile grew larger then the sun. I'm sure you were uneasy about it.

As I looked into your ocean like eyes, butterflies flew me right to your heart as I told you I loved you. My days were brighter and life seemed easy. As birthday chants filled the gymnasium because of you. The " I want a relationship like you two" flooded the halls. From the moment I laid eyes on you I thought you were the one. I was okay to know that if you were the only one I was to be with. The happiness you brought, was better than the rain touching down in a drought.

With every kiss the love I had for you grew, as if I were a the sun rising in the morning. The wall was our spot we would meet up and talk and hug. I walked through the hallways a few months ago and my body filled with warmth because it felt at hone when I passed our spot. Remembering you is always easy for some reason, because my body feels happines even though we eneded poorly.

Then summer after college you came back to me for a short time and damn did my feelings never leave, but for you they fell back to the past were you thought we belonged. Everyday goes by and I ponder how you are and what you are doing. I always ask my sister how you are or if she has heard from you. I don't know why I always catch myself thinking of you. I need it to stop because it will never happen again. The love we once had was a fairlytale with not a happy ending.

The military was where your heart was set and my love for you stayed as the thought of you leaving broke me. Knowing I wasn't going to protect you bothered me. Now you are doing great things. That makes me happy. I write to help me feel and get over things. This is where I shine and people have the choice to listen. The love we had has inspired me to be the writer that brings tears to my teachers eyes. The way I write with emotion allows those to feel what I feel. So, I thank you for bring the best out of me still. As they all say your first love will always have a spot in your heart.