Your Finals Do Not Define You

Your Finals Do Not Define You

You are defined by the very one who created you, God.

22
Your Finals Do Not Define You
Natalia Parkinson

It's finals week. And I, just like a large population of college students, am stressing about it. Coffee in one hand, text book open, my notes spread across my desk. Trying to cram the information into my brain just so I can pass the test, feel good about my self, set myself up for future success. It's 1:00 a.m., and I'm still studying fearful that all the effort I've put in this semester won't be good enough, that some how, everything I've learned this year will leave me as I step through the doorway to take my final examination.

Now raise your hand if this is you, *raises hand*

BUT, your finals do not define you. Your grades do not define you. I'm not saying don't try your best. Do try, study hard and try your best, but in the end don't let that one grade be the deciding factor of who you are. You are defined by so many other things, my friend.

Ultimately you are defined by God, for he is the very one who created you. Your self worth isn't based on some number you did, or did not reach during a test. We as humans must realize, we are not perfect, so there for you can not be expected to preform perfectly on every test we take, or every assignment we turn in. We are human, we make mistakes.

So as you head into finals week, just remember you are the same person you were before you took your test. Your finals do not define you. You are defined by God.