Your Go-To Fall 2016 Playlist

Your Go-To Fall 2016 Playlist

15 songs to vibe to this fall.

27
Your Go-To Fall 2016 Playlist
Hiphopdx

It's time to put on a cozy sweater and prepare for the best season: fall. Every season needs a soundtrack and I have yours right here. So curl up with some cider and get ready to FALL in love with these hot tracks.

1. Pink + White - Frank Ocean

Frank Ocean’s highly anticipated album is out, just in time for fall. Of course, every track on the album is a masterful fusion of R&B and modern beats, but Pink + White is a stand-out. Pink + White is a soulful slow jam, perfect for a drive through cornfields or a chill evening bonfire.

2. Be the One - Dua Lipa

New artist Dua Lipa has yet to release her new album, but the singles from the album have been building the hype for the initial release. This song combines her haunting voice with synth beats, making it great for a dance party, but still carrying those chill fall vibes.

3. When I'm Alone - Lissie

Lissie’s unique voice and the rhythm of this song make you want to curl up with a cup of something warm and read a good book. The strumming guitar and warm vocals put you in the best mood to chill out.

4. Dreams - Fleetwood Mac

Fleetwood Mac’s entire Rumours album is a perfect record for the cooler months. Stevie Nick’s lulling voice and the folksy feel of the band’s general vibe, this song especially, are a great match for any fall day.

5. Hurts So Good - Astrid S

Another more danceable song to raise the playlist’s tempo. This track also features some more synth beats and is a more indie alternative to typical Chainsmokers songs.

6. From Eden - Hozier

Imagine skipping through an apple orchard to this song. Hozier’s unique voice over an upbeat and slightly haunting accompaniment from guitar and drums put this song at the top of the playlist.

7. Buried Alive - Logic

One of Logic’s original songs that screams fall. His movement between spoken word in the verses, a creative backing beat and singing set the tone for a fall day in the city. The mixture of vocals create a slow, smooth feeling that wraps you and engages you.

8. rock + roll - EDEN

Another artist who thrives in the fall, EDEN’s latest album is jam-packed with autumnal tunes. The melancholy feel of the music and his gravelly voice combine to form songs to sway to and enjoy some cider with.

9. You & Me - Marc E. Bassy, G Eazy

To counter the slow, sadder songs, this song adds a bit of reggae flair to the playlist. A key part of fall is the transition from warm weather to colder temperatures. This song combines fun and warm beats reminiscent of summer while easing listeners into more wintry times.

10. I Walk The Line - Halsey

Halsey’s cover of the Johnny Cash classic is another fall essential. Halsey’s music is all very autumnal in essence, the dreamlike quality of the sound mixed with sad and potent lyrics to form a chilled, but warm hug. This song especially fits the bill with her sweet voice putting a softer spin on the song.

11. Gravel To Tempo - Hayley Kiyoko

After a few listens, this song will move itself up to the top of your list. Following the popular trend of synth beats and realistic lyrics, this song is for Halsey lovers looking to expand their horizons. A catchy hook and a danceable beat make this song a winner for any playlist- fall or not.

12. Earned It - Kina Grannis, MAX

This cover of Earned It sets the ultimate fall mood. The simplicity of the song, just a harp and the two singers’ voices, make it haunting and perfect for the quiet, still mood of fall.

13. Georgia- Vance Joy

No fall playlist is complete without some acoustic jams. Vance Joy’s song is sweet and slow and just fits so well into an autumn aesthetic. His singer-songwriter vibe and the beautiful acoustic nature of this song make it perfect for any autumnal activity.

14. Eros - Young the Giant

On the other end of the fall spectrum, most Young the Giant songs also fit perfectly in any October playlist. The band’s style is very chill, with strong guitar riffs and catchy lyrics. This warm song is perfect for an evening on a hay ride under heavy blankets.

15. Mercy - Shawn Mendes

Teen singer Shawn Mendes may be young, but he gets it. A sad song with some serious guitar and a seriously sway-able beat is a great addition to this playlist. Towards the bridge, he gets into the pain of the song, and the emotion in his voice adds another layer to this melancholy tune.