Your Facebook Post Totally Stopped Addiction

Congratulations, while you argue over social media, people are dying.

17
Right Foot Forward Recovery

Let's all scroll through our Facebook news feed or our Twitter timelines and watch everyone discuss whether or not addiction is a choice or a disease. If you've never been touched by addiction or had someone close to you battle with it, there's a fair chance you think it's just a choice. Sticking that needle in your arm or that straw to your nose or that pipe to your lips,however you get your fix is obviously your fault for the consequences right?

To me? It doesn't matter if addiction is a choice or a disease. What matters is how in poorer neighborhoods addiction is a disaster and runs rampant and effects a child's parents. How can you debate about a topic you don't understand when you see a person, a living, breathing human being with their child on the subway, nodding out; eyes sunk into their head and that lifeless gaze they possess? Why is this such a hot ticket controversy when I have a section of train tracks in my city which is a safe haven for addicts to shoot up in, addicts where the police are even hesitant to enter to retrieve someone who overdosed or who has been laying there dead, among st a sea of needles and rigs covering the ground? How can I care about choice vs disease when a corner in Kensington, a neighborhood not far from my house, is the #1 heroin trafficking spot in the United States? It does not matter what caused a person to pick up their poison what matters is they are not themselves anymore. People are dying from this every day, yet we all care about being right on some stupid social media website fighting with people who we'll never even remember in 5 years time. Meanwhile, people are dying, families are being torn apart, but screw what that guy on Facebook's opinion is I'm going to set him straight. I'm tired of seeing people argue over the topic. While you're spewing your unsupported nonfactual opinion, Narcan is being administered to someone somewhere so they don't end up dead. Who cares about being right or wrong when people are dying. People make money off of the misery of others, feeding them this garbage so they stay hooked to line their pockets while draining the life out of other human beings. You should all be ashamed of yourselves, because while you sit on your high horse, someone is sticking a needle in their arm or taking another drink from a bottle and getting in a car. Your opinion is irrelevant while this much suffering occurs. So maybe the next time you feel the need to start an argument to feel superior over other humans, you'll remember that someone could use your help.