People may think you are crazy for having a dog as your BFF, but they just don't understand. Here are ten things you know you do if your best friend is a pup.
1. Your paycheck belongs to them
Yes, dogs are expensive. But, I find myself spending tons of money on unnecessary items like sweaters and cute bandanas. Dogs deserve to feel stylish too, right?
2. They get the first greeting
As soon as you come home from a long day, your dog is the first thing you want greeting you. Their greeting makes you feel like the most important person in the world, and sometimes that's all you need after a long day.
3. You talk to them like they're human
Do you ever find yourself talking to your dog like they're your best friend? Oh wait, they are.
4. You plan your day around them
You know that you find yourself making sure daily plans don't go on too long so that your pup doesn't get lonely. I would be lying if I said I've never canceled a night out to watch movies with my pup.
5. Your internet search history revolves around them
Whether it's for a new Kong recipe or searching for a local park to take a walk in, you are constantly googling new ways to keep your pup entertained.
6. Vets, daycares, and dog sitters are deeply investigated
If someone is going to be taking care of my pup, I need to know that I can trust them. Reading all reviews and doing an in person meet up is essential before I can consider handing over my world to anyone.
7. They're your adventure buddy
Anywhere you can take your dog, you will. Parks, stores, hiking, road trips, they do it all with you. You wouldn't have it any other way.
8. You give up bed space for them
If your dog sleeps in bed with you, you know your are only getting a sliver of that mattress. But that's OK because they need a good nights rest. After all, being a dog can be exhausting.
9. They're your biggest distraction
Let's face it, you can't get anything done with that cute face around. You would much rather be playing or cuddling them over pretty much anything. My dog is most certainly more important than my homework or any life responsibilities.
10. Nothing can replace them
At the end of the day, nothing can replace your furry friend. They hold a special place in your heart and nothing will ever change that.
- 11 Things Only Dog Owners Will Understand ›
- Why Dogs Are Really Your Best Friend ›
- I Had to Learn to Balance College, Work, and Being a Dog-Mom ... ›
- 13 Things You Know To Be True If You're Rescue Dog Is Your Best ... ›
- 5 Reasons Why Your Dog is Your Real Best Friend ›
- 7 Signs Your Dog Is Actually Your Best Friend And You Aren't Even ... ›