I'm A Young Woman, And I'm Voting For Trump

Because our country needs to get its priorities straight.

173
NBC News

Now before I get into explaining and defending my political views, there's a point I'd like to make. I was raised to practice what I preach, meaning that I will always try my hardest to make sure my actions match my words. This is a very important value that I hold near and dear to my heart. So, to anyone who may feel the need to bully me on the Internet or lash out in personal attacks just because I believe differently than you, please keep this in mind.

Something I've noticed a lot of in quite a few of my lovely Facebook friends is being all about preaching tolerance and acceptance... Until they come across someone with different beliefs than their own. In which case, it somehow magically becomes OK to insult my personal life (my job, my appearance, my major) and call me (and other young Republicans) a "dumb blonde" or a "stupid hick," neither of which are things that have anything to do with my political beliefs.

That being said, I'm about to talk about some of my beliefs. Some may be very controversial, and you may not agree with some of them. So if it is beyond your capabilities to be a decent human being and read something you disagree with without attacking me personally, I highly encourage you to stop reading.

If you're still reading, congratulations, you're a mature adult who can disagree with something and still read and accept that others may have different opinions than you. I like you.

Anyway, yes. I'm a young adult woman, and even after all of the controversial bombs that have been dropped about Trump disrespecting and objectifying women, I'm still voting for him. Because I truly believe that America has lost so much of what makes us great in the past eight years, and I believe that Trump has the dedication to help make it great again. We've become a country that is offended by everything. Men and women used to fight wars at 18, and some still do, yet we have college students so offended and traumatized by words that they require "safe spaces" at their universities in order to function. I'm sorry, and pardon my language, but that's bullshit.

I was bullied heavily in high school. I know how awful and hurtful words can be. But guess what? I'm 20 years old, and I grew out of allowing something as minor as words to dictate how I feel about myself. So yeah. As a woman who has dealt with plenty of men being crude and inappropriate towards me and my friends, I'll admit that it sucks. But the thing is, I'm a strong woman who was raised to be able to defend herself and to know that my worth is more than what random men yell at me in the streets, or say to me via social media.

So because I'm a mature young woman who knows how to handle herself, I can get past what Trump has said about women. Yeah it sucks, yeah it's inappropriate, but I believe this country needs to find our backbone again, needs to stop worrying about so many tiny things and start focusing on the bigger picture. Is Trump crude at times? Absolutely. Do I approve of the things he's said about women in the past? Absolutely not. But do I think this country has bigger issues to worry about than him being disrespectful to women? Definitely.

You know what I find more offensive than Donald Trump's crude schoolboy language? Hillary Clinton defending a 12-year-old child rapist, getting him off with almost no jail time and then laughing about it. Crooked Hillary can boast all she wants about how she's "such an advocate for women" but I will never believe her because for every woman who has come forward and stated that Trump sexually harassed her, there is another woman who steps forward and talks about Clinton harassing her into dropping sexual assault or harassment charges against her husband.

And that is something I can't get past no matter how hard I try. I've had friends, young, beautiful, intelligent, vibrant young women, sobbing on my shoulder and shaking with uncontrollable tears because of sexual assaults and rapes. I've had to watch girls I loved and admired fall to pieces because a man took something from them they could never get back. So when I hear that Hillary has shamed women into silence, has forced them to accept what happened to them with no closure to protect her husband's reputation? That lights a fire inside my heart. That, is unforgivable.

So, yes. Some of things Trump said about women make me cringe. But like I said before, practicing what you preach is important to me. And for someone like Hillary to attack Donald Trump for saying disrespectful things to and about women, while knowing full well that she has done things far worse? That screams weak and hypocritical to me.

So come November, I will be voting to Make America Great Again, and you're more than welcome to hate me for it. Trump's blatant honesty (that is sometimes cringe-worthy) makes me trust him a whole heck of a lot more than I trust any crooked politician. Donald Trump has shown a deep love for America throughout his whole life and a passion for the country that gave him the life he has had. Clinton has a long life full of scandals, cover-ups, lies and deceit. I don't know about you, but for me, it's a clear choice.