An Open Letter To My Best Friend/Sister

An Open Letter To My Little Sister AKA My Built In Best Friend

Not everyone is lucky enough to have a sister, but let me tell you, it is a bond unlike anything else in this world.

469
Bridget MacPherson

When my sister came home from the hospital about 17 years ago, I asked my parents if we could send her to my Aunt Cathy. I mean, come on. I was only 3, I wanted Mom to myself, and Aunt Cathy did not have any kids. It was a no-brainer! Spoiler: We never sent my sister to Maryland, but fast forward to today, and my sister is my best friend in the world.

There is nothing like having a sister. Having someone in your life that knows you as well as you know yourself, growing up with the same morals and life experiences, and of course dealing with all of the ups and downs of childhood. Having a sibling, and in my case a sister, is like having a one-of-a-kind friendship.

Sisters at the happiest place on earth!!Bridget MacPherson

I recently had a conversation with a friend about soulmates; finding one does not necessarily mean that they are your romantic partner. We both agreed that our sisters are our life partners. That regardless of the people who come and go from our lives, that there will never be another person who understands us and completes us like our sisters do. That conversation got me thinking about the love I have for my little sister, and the love I know that siblings around the world share. So, I have decided to dedicate this article to my sister, Caitlin, as a way of thanking her for being my life partner these past 17 years and for continuing to support me every day of my life.

She can't get enough of meBridget MacPherson

For those of you with siblings, I encourage you to call yours and tell them how much they mean to you. This is a joyous yet stressful time of year for most of us, and a small conversation can go a long way.

Did we really ride in the car together if we didn't take a selfie??Bridget MacPherson

Now, I do not mean to brag, but there is nothing like having my sister.

Caitlin, you have made my life completely unforgettable. From all of our cute childhood memories to our hilarious teenage years, and to our current journeys into adulthood, I could not imagine going through life with anyone else.

Middle school was rough on all of us...Bridget MacPherson

You have inspired me in so many ways and have shown me what it is like to live fearlessly and confidently. You are the funniest person I know and your beautifully hilarious personality is what holds our family together. You deserve all the praise in the world for your strength and gumption, and I want you and everyone else to know how amazing of a person, friend, and sister you are. Happy birthday, Seaside. I cannot wait to celebrate with you so soon!

Cotton Candy Sisters -- I love you!!!Bridget MacPherson