Greatest Songs At Young Life

If You've Been To Young Life, You Know These Are The 11 Best Songs To Scream At Club

It's not how well you sing, it's how loud.

337
Cooper Watt

One of the greatest times of the year is coming up for many people, Young Life Fall Weekend. In honor of my upcoming trip to Windy Gap, here are the 11 greatest songs to sing at club. One quick disclaimer, only one song per artist was allowed.

1. "Love Story"

Guys, take your shirts off. Girls, go nuts. Many Swift songs could've cracked this list, but "Love Story" is the pinnacle of her greatness. Beware of making this song a medium song in your club flow, it gets as hype as any fast song I've ever seen performed.

2. 'I Want It That Way"

Somehow, the Backstreet Boys have transcended the era of 2000s boy-bands and become immortal at Young Life club. This song has everything you want at club from the call/response refrain to the super long note in the bridge.

3. "Free Fallin"

Some people sing it. Some people scream the last line of every verse. Some really awesome and totally not annoying people yell "LIVING IN RESEDA" for the rest of the song. Sometimes the whole song gets thrown into a mashup with other classics like "The Fresh Prince Theme." Whatever way you slice it, "Free Fallin" is a club staple.

4. "The Climb"

Many of you might argue this is too high but I recently heard this unironically described as "The song of our generation." Everyone loves a slow build that leads to an explosion of energy. I'll tell you one thing, I'm definitely upset if they don't sing this at camp the club after the hike.

5. "I'll Be"

A prime example of club taking a decent song and making it better. Leaning back at the refrain is a great gimmick and you know you will be competing with all your friends to see who can yell "words that you SAIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDD" the longest.

6. "Sweet Caroline"

Singing "Sweet Caroline" at club is definitely the only time I'm ok with co-opting Red Sox culture. Every kid has a smile in their face when the group starts touching hands. The "BAH BAH BAH" is just icing on the cake of greatness.

7. "Don't Stop Believing"

While this song always goes hard, it's at its peak if performed the last day of camp. All the emotions of camp will stir up as you scream together for one last club. Steve Perry is an American treasure.

8. "Breakaway"

I don't know if it's just me and my friend Griffin who would put this inside the top 10 or if it's everyone, but I don't care. This song is absolute perfection, and I'm kind of mad at myself for not putting it higher on this list, but I'm a man of the people.

9. "Lean On Me"

Alright, everyone in the crowd put your arms around one another for this one. An iconic song that is elevated when sung with 600 people. It took me many times going to camp in middle school for me to realize the opposite of need was elbow because need sounds like knee.

10. "I Won't GIve Up"

The fast songs get kids riled up but what we really love are the slow, emotional ballads. I would never endorse Jason Mraz for anything unless it was a list of songs for club. The real question is, can you yell the bridge without taking a breath?

11. "500 Miles"

I could've ended this list with a lot of different songs, but if you've looked at the list, it's the songs with great call and responses that really stick. Honestly, this song isn't that good, but how could I not give credit to these Scottish twins for improving music at club? Thank you for your service.