9 Things All YoungLife Campers Know To Be True

The things every YoungLifer can relate to.

1921
Allison Ward

1. When you hear "Bring 'em out!"

You know you are about to get best camp food of your life, that is right, not the subpar camp food you typically get but an all you can eat meal followed with dessert. (Fingers crossed for dessert you get the skillet cookie)

2. Waiting outside the Clubroom doors.

To make sure you are in the best position to out race every other camper who is trying to get to the very front too.

3. You know Tom Petty’s "Free Falling," Kate Perry’s "Firework," Shawn Mendes’s "Stitches," Andrew Ripp, Tim Halperin, and Ellie Holcomb’s songs by heart.

And you know you aren’t doing it right if you aren’t screaming it at the top of your lungs with your arms around all your friends.

4. SPOONS.

You might have just heard about it, maybe you gave one, maybe you received one, but if you know you know. Every meal calls for the opportunity to give one of your spoons to any camper you may find yourself to be crushing on.

5. The one leader you and your cabin are obsessed with.

I know someone comes to mind.

6. Kick it.

How to play? Everyone against the ball. But, be sure it does not roll into the lake.

7. Flannels. Flannels. Flannels.

The unspoken dress code for YoungLife camp.

8. High-quality pictures.

Including but not limited to: piggyback poses, sorority poses, and YL hand sign.

9. Thanking your leaders for taking your phone by the end of the weekend.

Who knew everyone would be so thankful for no social media or being able to tell the time?