A Reminder To Anyone Who Doesn't Think They Will Be Okay Again.

I promise you, better days are coming.

88
Photo by Emma Frances Logan on Unsplash

After living on this earth for 20 years I can testify to the fact that life isn't easy. There may be consecutive days, weeks, or years in a row where we feel like we can't catch a break. Sometimes it feels like as soon as things start going our way, we end up failing and taking two steps back instead.

When our hardest battles are handed to us they feel as if they are never-ending. However, for as many times as you've been defeated you have gotten back up onto your feet and figured things out. Without even realized it you have gotten through your worst days, and are on your way to finding yourself and finding better days.

There was a time where I thought the bad days would never end. From heartbreak to sacrifice to making life decisions in the blink of an eye to growing up way too quickly; I have seen it all. I remember one day, when I stared at myself in the mirror with makeup smeared down my face and shaky hands. That day I truly didn't think I would ever get it together again, I wondered if I was ever going to be okay again.

That day I made a choice. I decided that my life was in my hands, and no matter how hard the journey was going to be, I was going to get to a point where I was okay again.

Because everyone will tell you that "things will get better," but how are you suppose to fix things when you barely have a grip on what's going on around you?

When we're living through situations that are unmanageable and unimaginable, it can be impossible to believe that life will get better. I will tell you that you don't need to ignore the pain you're feeling, and you don't put on a happy face "just because."

Feel the pain you're feeling. Cry, scream. Get it all out. But when you catch a breath, wipe your tears. Because I promise you that one day, you will look back on this pain and cry happy tears.

You will look back on all that hurt you, all that you overcame and you will cry very happy tears. Overcoming whatever pain you are feeling will not be a battle easily won. More so, the victory of rising from the ashes will be a win that will make you stronger than you ever imagined... and you will be so thankful you decided to fight for your life.

If there's one beauty in pain it is that pain can shape you into someone who you never thought you could be. After you piece together the pain and fix yourself, you will become your best self. Right now it might not feel like you know yourself, but someday soon you will.

You will learn and grow from all that hurt you, you will shine brighter than you ever thought you could. Because you are going to have better days. Even if you don't believe it now, I promise you... Things will get better.