To The Best Friend That Turned Casual Friend

You will always be one of the best people I've ever met.

22
Gossip Girl

We didn't get in a huge fight, we didn't have a falling out, but we just stopped talking as frequently and hanging out less until we reached casual texting or hanging out maybe once every two months. We slowly drifted apart from each other, and now our conversations are filled with awkward silences when we use to have too much to talk about.

I'm going off to college in less than two months, and to be honest I don't really know what is going to happen with our friendship. Of course, more than anything I want my best friend back, but I'm tired of putting energy into someone that isn't there for me like I am for you. This last year in Texas has really showed me who my real best friends are. The people I couldn't imagine my life without, who are constantly there for me on the good days and the bad days. You were once the person I would always text first about a huge accomplishment or something terrible that was going on, but now when I send those texts I might not even get a response or sometimes you don't even know what is going on in my life at the moment.

I'm not angry, yes I'm sad, but in the end I am completely grateful for the endless amount of memories we have created. Maybe someday we will come back to the best friends we once use to be, but time will tell. I can only imagine me going to college will only drift us apart more, but life goes on and I can't continue to put out energy on people who claim to be my "best friend".

Even though we aren't as close as we use to be know that I still love you, and that no one could ever replace you and our memories. You were such a big part of my life, and one of the people who motivated me to follow my dreams and for that I am forever grateful. Thank you for the love, and crazy memories...hopefully we can learn to become close again.