A Letter To My Person

A Letter To My Person

Thank you for being you.

13
A Letter To My Person
People's Choice

“She’s my person. If I murdered someone, she’s the person I’d call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor. She’s my person.” - Meredith Grey

If you’ve watched "Grey’s Anatomy," then you know what it is like to have a “person." A person is someone who you have attained the highest level of friendship with, not necessarily a boyfriend or a girlfriend, but still manages to be your favorite person in the whole entire world. You would do anything for this person and want to be there for them all the time.

Everyone in the world deserves to have their own person, their own special best friend, or a “twisted sister” the person that just understands them. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve known them, whether it was a week, a month, a year or a decade, you have that instant click, and the rest is history.

To my person who is reading this, you know who you are, and let me just start of by saying thank you:

I’m sure you’ve already realized that you’re stuck with me for life (you don't really have much of a choice) and I really don’t know who or where I would be without you. Thank you for being there for me through it all, the insanely good times, the absolutely horrendous times, and every twisted thing in between because there is no one else that I could picture in those moments other than your crazy self.

You have seen me at my best and have stayed by me at my worst, and trust me if you’ve seen me at my worst and you still managed to stick around, then you really are my person. Thank you for constantly telling me what I need to hear even when I don’t want to hear it, and thank you for never once judging me. Thank you for being the sister that I’ve always wanted and the best friend that I’ve always needed. Thank you for the random dance parties, and our constant wine nights, thank you a million times for being who you are and bringing out the best in me. Thank you for being the Meredith to my Christina.