You Still Love Them, Don't You?

You Still Love Them, Don't You?

Even without a name you thought of someone specific.

48

Who came to mind? Was it a significant other, or a past one? Sometimes there is a certain quality of a person we love so much that no matter what we can't let it go. It is human nature, it is how we are programmed to be. We care, sometimes too much. We try to hide it, but sometimes we just can't. Sometimes we try so hard to show we care and end up feeling like it didn't even matter. But, why do you still love them? Should you?

No one can tell you if you should or should not love someone. In God's eyes we should love one another no matter what. But, sometimes that is not as easy as it sounds. I mean come on... we are only human! Sometimes we love too much and put ourselves in a bad situation. But, sometimes we have to take a step back and make sure our love for someone is healthy. Yes, healthy. Is it good for you to love them how you are? We are the only ones that can make that decision. We control our own lives.

I once read that we needed to replace our names and the names of those we love with the word 'love' in a specific bible verse. At first I was like okay, why? But then I did...

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and love keeps no record of being wronged. Love does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

"___ is patient and kind. ___ is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. ___ does not demand its own way. ___ is not irritable, and ___ keeps no record of being wronged. ___ does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. ___ never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."

Are you happy with how it sounds when you enter their name in the blanks? Does it remind you of them? Or does it sound like them complete opposite of them... if they are the furthest thing from this statement, should you be with them or want to still be with them? That is only your decision.

Better yet, enter your own name into those blanks...do you represent the word 'love' well? Are you patient? Kind? Humble? Do you lose faith?

Please remember, we are all human. We are all living in the same crazy hectic world. You are not a horrible person if you do not think of yourself fitting when filling in the blanks. You are a great person! You were wonderfully made. But, we all can try to be the best we can be...

I have a challenge for you: try to remember this and maybe even write this down with the blanks. Work towards loving and being the person in this verse. No matter your religion, there is a definition of love. Fill in those blanks. If a whole campus could strive to be their definition of love can you imagine how awesome it would be? Maybe you and your significant other want to take on this challenge together? Or you and a friend? Maybe it will help you determine if that person you 'love' is the right person to be loving or not? Only you can decide what to do with this information.

How will you define what love really is?