'You Shouldn't Befriend The Gays'

'You Shouldn't Befriend The Gays'

Stop telling me I am not a "good enough" Christian.

25
Jayden Trotter

I am far from the perfect Christian, but I know what I believe in. I know that I was put on this planet for a reason, whether you agree with me or not. I have sinned, and I have asked for forgiveness many, many times. I have read my bible, but I cannot quote every scripture off the back of my hand. I do not specify with Catholic, Baptist, or Lutherism, etc., and I understand that to some of you, that does not make me Christian enough. But what I do know, is that God loves me and I love Him.

But there is one thing I would LOVE for everyone to stop telling me.

"You shouldn't be friends with or love the gays. They are an abomination."

Why? Because Leviticus 18:22 says,

"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

I get it. I understand.

Or because two chapters after that Leviticus 20:13 says,

"If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense"

Trust me, I know the verses. Everyone throws them at me every time I post a picture with my homosexual friends.

Stop trying to tell me that I am not a good Christian and that I am going to hell for having friends that prefer their own sexual orientation. It is their life, not mine. I can only make the decisions for myself and I am not responsible for anyone else's. But what I will say is that love is love.

Let us not forget that in Matthew 7:1-2, he says,

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured with you." (KJV)

My grandmother was one of the most devout women of God that I know. Every Sunday she was in church playing the piano, and every day she was sharing her love for God. She raised our family to love God and to love everyone. She taught us what Christianity is about; LOVE. I was raised to love my neighbors no matter what they believe in or do not believe in. I believe and love God more than you will know, so please stop telling me I am not a true Christian. Because a true Christian would not damn anyone to Hell; rather, they would spread God's love all around.

Also, stop categorizing people by their sexual orientation. It is 2017 and you do not hear people saying the "heterosexuals" or the "straights." One of my best friends has dated guys and girls, and she has a bigger heart than most people I know. A lot of beautiful souls that I know who are a part of the LGBT community have my utmost respect and would do anything I needed if I was in trouble.

So instead of making me feel like I cannot be friends with who I want, just remember that God loves all of his children. And yes, through the scripture they have sinned, but,

He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.” — John 8:7 (KJV)

And finally, to my friends or anyone who feels like God doesn't love you because you are gay, transgender, black, white, pink, or purple, the God that I serve is not a God of hate but love. He loves you and if you just seek Him, He will provide for you. And if you ever want to go to church or know more about Him, I will hold your hand with love and pride through the church doors. I care for you the way He cares for all of us.