4 Reasons Why Everyone Should Travel Abroad

4 Reasons Why Everyone Should Travel Abroad At Least Once In Their Life

Because who wouldn't want to go to another country?

77
Casey Clarke

Out of everything that has happened in my life, some of my fondest memories have come from when I was traveling. In the summers of 2015 and 2017, I had the incredible opportunity to go on school-sponsored trips to Europe. In 2015, my classmates and I went to Spain and Italy and, in 2017, we went to Italy again. I had the time of my while overseas and now want to strongly encourage others to travel as well. Based on my experiences in another country, here are my top four reasons why everyone should go abroad at least once in their lifetime.

1. You get to open your mind to a different culture

Casey Clarke

When you go to another country you get to experience what it is like to live there. You can be immersed in their language and culture. If you have never been to another country before, it is also incredible to open your mind to and explore these different aspects of a foreign society.

2. You will experience new things

Casey Clarke

When you go to a different country, everything seems new and exciting. Traveling gives you the perfect opportunity to be adventurous and try something new. Being someone who is not very adventurous, going to a different country all but forced me to step outside of my comfort zone. I ate new foods, interacted with many new people, and even went on my first overnight ferry. All of these new experiences helped me to become more adventurous at home.

3. You form strong connections with the people you travel with

Casey Clarke

If you travel to another country with a friend or family member, you will be so much closer to them then you were before. You get to share similar and very exciting experiences, which gives you something to bond over. You will also most likely be spending a lot of time together when you are abroad, so you have plenty of opportunities to learn more about each other. The majority of my closest friends also went to Italy with me. Although I was friends with most of them before going, I became a lot closer to them over the course of the trip.

4. You will make long-lasting memories

Casey Clarke

You will never forget the time that you spend abroad. You make incredible memories and have amazing experiences. Although they were years ago, I still remember with near-perfect clarity my trips to Spain and Italy. I remember walking around the ancient streets of Rome and Florence, riding the Metro in Spain, and trying the multitude of amazing Spanish and Italian foods. My travels to other countries were definitely unforgettable, and have sparked my desire to return there as soon as possible.