Why Nobody Is Entitled To Loan Forgiveness

Student loan forgiveness is unnecessary and does not make very much sense. I do not support student loan forgiveness. The money for loans students take out has to come from somewhere.

If those loans are simply just forgiven, where is the line drawn? If I don't want to pay my mortgage or rent because I don't think I have to, can I? If I had thousands of dollars in credit card debt, it should just be forgiven.

If someone wanted to "borrow" $250,000 from you with no intention of giving it back, would you give it to them?

It's the same idea some students are practicing with his or her lenders.

In American business, a good or service in exchange for some form of payment. The student wants an education, a degree, so they can make money and be successful in life. The student pays for education, the good/service (they're supposed to anyway) and receives the education they desire. He or she then gets a job and begins paying back the loans they may have needed to take out.

Yes, college is expensive. However, there are ways to make it less expensive. Students can get jobs and live a reasonable life on campus. A student can still have the so-called "college experience" while not digging themselves into debt.

Maybe instead of planning an over-the-top spring break getaway, save your money for the next semester.

Maybe instead of attending that big school with name recognition and a $45,000 tuition and housing bill, go to a state-owned school, where you can get the same (and sometimes better) education for a fraction of the price.

Maybe instead of drinking your paychecks away every weekend, put some money aside for your pending tuition bill or rent check.

I'm not saying that you won't have to take out any loans but do it wisely. There is no need to waive your loans away just because you don't want to pay for them.

Student loan forgiveness does not make sense. In the real world, you cannot take something and expect not to have to pay for it. That's not how it works.

My generation often thinks that if they want to "cancel" something simply by boycotting it that they won't have to deal with it anymore.

Sorry, guys, but you can't cancel your student loans… and neither can any presidential candidate.