15 Reasons You Should Have More Sex

15 Scientific Reasons You Should Have More Sex

There are some arousing health benefits of consensual intercourse.

710

Sex is good for you. No, really, it is. Scientifically speaking, sex is GREAT for you! Whether you're sleeping with multiple people or sleeping with the same person, the health benefits are actually outstanding. Sex feels good and affects the body and mind in a positive way.

Make sure you are practicing safe sex and are comfortable, then think of all the good that comes from it... in case you needed more reasons to jump in bed.

1. Helps keep your immune system strong

According to WebMD, sexually active people have higher levels of antibodies, which defend your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders. "College students who had sex once or twice a week had higher levels of antibodies compared to students who had sex less often."

2. Boosts your sex drive

The more you have sex, the more you will want it. Practice makes perfect and the more you have it the better it will get.

For women, having sex ups vaginal lubrication, blood flow, and elasticity, all of which make sex feel better and help you crave more of it.

3. Lowers blood pressure

The researchers found that older women who expressed satisfaction with their sex lives were less likely to have high blood pressure.

4. Improves a woman's bladder control

A strong pelvic floor is important for avoiding incontinence, something that will affect about a third of women at some point in their lives.

Good sex is like a workout for your pelvic floor muscles. When you have an orgasm, it causes contractions in those muscles, which strengthens them.

5. Relieves headaches

Sexual activity relieves the pain of migraines or cluster headaches, severe, one-sided recurring head pains.

6. Counts as exercise 

Sex can burn anywhere between 100 to 300 calories.

7. Lowers risk of heart attack

Men who have sex at least twice a week and women who report having satisfying sex lives are less likely to have a heart attack.

8. Improves sleep

Having an orgasm releases a hormone called prolactin, which makes you feel relaxed and sleepy. All of that leads up to a nice, drowsy state that's perfect for cuddling up and falling asleep.

9. Lessens pain

"Before you reach for an aspirin, try for an orgasm." It releases a hormone that helps raise your pain threshold. Sex hormones like estrogen, appear to play a big part in how individuals' bodies, and emotions, react to pain.

10. Eases stress

Sexual arousal releases a brain chemical that revs up your brain's pleasure and reward system. Also being close to your partner can soothe stress and anxiety.

11. Makes you more connected

Sex boosts Oxytocin, which is a hormone that makes you feel connected to your partner.

12. Relieves sexual PTSD

If you have had bad sexual experiences it is understandable to avoid sex all together, but having good sex where you feel comfortable and safe can take away some of the trauma and show you it isn't always a bad thing.

13. Improves skin

Sex provides great health benefits to your skin. The increased blood flow and reduced hormone levels that you get through intercourse give you a better complexion. You can prevent menstrual acne flareups through the energy you use in sexual activity.

14. Boosts confidence

If you're having great sex you can't help but feel sexy in your body and think better of yourself!

15. Reading this article just made your sex-life even better 

Knowing all of these health benefits and thinking about them when you think about sex just made your sex life better. Thinking positively about sex is so important. The more you know, the more comfortable and happy you will be doing it.