You Might Want To Know The Name Of Erica Bryan

I want to make this girl famous. Let's do it.
9

In the past several years, there has been a tremendous shift in popular music. If there is a gap in genres and style, producers and executives plan to fill said gap to maximize listeners and sales alike. The same can be said of country music.

Artists like Chris Stapleton and Kacey Musgraves have made their mark in similar ways in this particular market by simply filling in for the original sound of country that some say the genre has been lacking. Some artists, like newcomer Erica Bryan, have a much different take.

Bryan, currently a Nashville resident originally from the suburbs of Atlanta, describes her sound as “dark, southern soul.” This modern meets rustic feel is exactly what country music needs. Her wide range of sound and taste make her a prime candidate to be on the radio, and that is exactly why I think she just might make it. And here's why.

We can all agree that a lot of music struggles to find its integrity. This is not a problem for Bryan though. Let me tell something, Bryan’s music subtly screams sincerity. It has an honesty to it that allows you to fall into the music and believe every word. This songwriter is not trying too hard or too little, and that is something special.

Her debut single, “Jericho,” which launched Mar. 31, is my personal favorite out of her upcoming EP. (I was able to get the hook up and listen to her entire EP last week.) The record is co-written with her producer, Tommy Harden, but Bryan had been holding onto the idea for this song for three years now.

“I walked circles around Music Row and started praying that doors would be open for me in Nashville,” says Bryan. “While I was walking around Music Row and praying, I felt like Joshua walking around Jericho and that is where the song idea of ‘Jericho’ came to life.”

With Bryan being a self-funded and self-managing artist, she has a unique freedom that allows her to execute and deliver her work with the utmost artistic integrity. This can be a little bit daunting since she is the one investing in her career, not a multi-billion dollar record label.

If you have not already listened to the song above, hit the play button. "Jericho" is now available on iTunes for just 99 cents. Bryan is also set to release a full EP in early July featuring seven full-length songs (the songs I have already heard and fallen in love with). She will feature these songs at her album release show at Smith's Olde Bar in Atlanta on July 1. You can also follow her on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for all things Erica Bryan.

Now go buy her single and lets make Bryan famous you guys.