February 12th, 2016, aka the absolute best day of my life was the day that I picked up my bid card, the day that I ran home right into the arms of my 60 plus brand new sisters. I always knew that I wanted to join a sorority, I made sure to only apply to universities that had Greek life. I wanted to find my own family that accepted me for me. One that was everything I was dreaming of, and I did. I found my forever home with Sigma Sigma Sigma. They are everything that I wanted and needed plus so much more. I couldn't imagine my life without my sisters.
Here're some things that might be true if you are in a sorority.
1. If you now have more sisters than you could have ever imagined.
You now have way more closets too.
2. You have support in everything you do.
Whether in something big or something small like not being the only ninja turtle.
3. You never have to eat alone.
Even if you walk into the caf alone, there is always a sister close by that will come sit with you.
4. If you have a bad day there will always be hugs galore waiting for you around every corner.
5. You're able to recite your sorority's songs without blinking an eye.
They're a little tough to get in the beginning, but once you have them you have them forever.
6. If it wasn't before, crafting has now become a big part of your life.
Seriously, I am constantly thinking of the next craft to do.
7. You are absolutely obsessed with your big.
I'm convinced my family thinks her name is actually "big".
8. There's always someone to go on adventures with.
Even at midnight, there is always at least one person ready for the adventure that awaits.
9. You feel a need to through your sorority sign up in pictures.
10. You love your philanthropy.
And it means so much to you when you raise money for it.
11. You have become friends with people who you never thought you would hang out with.
And you are so glad you did. I wouldn't have met so many people without joining my sorority.
12. You wear your letters with pride.
I personally take every opportunity to wear my letters. I like to wear them to the airport because I have actually meet alumnae and other active members that way. Nothing feels better at a layover than sitting and talking with sisters.
13. You love your sisters so much it hurts.
And they love you back it's an amazing circle of love and the amount of love I experience on a daily basis is just one of the most amazing and special things I have ever seen and felt.
14. Every event you go to where there's more than a couple sisters it usually ends with a picture.
15. Said picture usually contains the "sorority squat."
Something that I personally have not mastered yet.
16. You have so many sisters to go to for advice if you need it.
No matter what kind of advice you need, there's always a sister that can help.
17.Your sisters are actually family.
Honestly, I have never really had a family, nobody really ever had my back, but now since I have joined my sorority, I am surrounded by more love than I ever thought was possible. I don't have to worry about ever having to go through something alone again because I know my sisters have my back.
18. You have become a better person.
Since accepting my bid I have grown so much as a person.i am so grateful for all of the experiences I have had and all of the experiences yet to come.
Always remember, it not for four years – it's for life.