Do You Like Him Or The Attention?

Do you like him, or do you Just like the attention?

Spoiler alert: it's the attention.

6024
https://www.pexels.com/photo/sunset-beach-couple-love-58572/

Everyone likes attention. Whether we want to admit it or not, we thrive off of it sometimes.

When a guy is giving you attention, and when you are getting it from elsewhere, it might just make you more fond to liking him. It can come down to being bored or just wanting a boyfriend. You may be interested elsewhere, or this guy just might not be your type at all. But since he seemingly will not leave you alone, in a non-creepy stalkerish way, you are bound to enjoy the constant attention.

But you definitely need to ask yourself: do I really like this guy? Or do I just enjoy the attention he gives me?

It's a lot more than likely that you just thrive off of the attention you are getting. Because if that is what makes you notice him, and the attention they give you is what makes you think about him, then that is pretty much all it is.

It can even be down to simply being bored, and being in a dating rut, but is boredom really better with a half-assed relationship?

Maybe you just want to be in a relationship and, honestly, he is just right there. But starting a relationship off of that is pointless and likely going to end up going absolutely nowhere.

Sure, maybe you tell yourself that maybe you can develop feelings, but is that really the same? If you aren't 100% into it, then it's simply not worth it, and there will be someone else who comes along someday who will be.

Also, if you don't have those feelings to begin with, then isn't that just settling? All and all, it is a waste of time and completely and utterly settling. No one should ever settle less than you deserve.

There is someone out there for everyone, so just because someone is out there giving you attention, it doesn't mean that they're the one.