Having been a dancer for 15 years, there are so many everyday things that make me think of my time in tights. Here is a list of some of my favorites:
1. You hear a song and think,"I did a dance to this!"
2. You hear a song and immediately begin choreographing in your head.
3. You have an endless amount of bobby pins/hair ties and you find them everywhere.
4. You hear a girl complain about having to wear heels for several hours and just think, "wait until you try pointe shoes."
5. You perfected the ballerina bun before it was a cool "lazy girl" hairstyle.
6. You hear a song from "The Nutcracker" around Christmas time and you're already sick of it because you remember hearing the music since October.
7. You tend to stand in fifth/first/third position whenever you're standing still.
8. You have incredible posture.
9. You never have to worry about Halloween/sorority function costumes because you have a whole closet of dance costumes.
10. You are not afraid of glitter.
11. If you have to be involved in Greek Sing, or any sort of dance event for you sorority, you're the first to sign up/chair it.
12. Recruitment was a piece of cake because you've spent your entire life smiling like that.
13. You hear a girl complaining about how hard barre class was and you just laugh to yourself.
14. When you sleep, you tend to sleep in passé or a "frog" position.
15. You miss it with every fiber of your being and would give anything to be back on stage again.
Dance will always be my first love.