You Are Kind. You Are Smart. You Are Important.

648

We live in a world filled with selfishness, greed, hate, love, and passion. I believe that we are forgetting about others who struggle. Let me stress about this one point... we do not know what others are going through. I am learning to accept that things happen for a reason. I am learning to admit that people are the way they are because they are comfortable with themselves and you know what? Good for them! Props to them for accepting themselves in this world. We tend to forget that there are bigger problems out there, but it doesn't mean that the small ones don't matter.

What can a simple act of kindness do? There are very few people out there that would do anything to make someone's second, minute, hour, day or week. A sweet text to someone that you barely spend anytime with wouldn't hurt. I mean we are constantly on our phones anyways. Leaving a note with their favorite candy saying, "you're beautiful" or "you're awesome" wouldn't hurt. We need to constantly be reminded how important we are to this world because you're never going to know if you'll see this person again.

But these are a few things that you can easily do. Are you willing to go beyond? How about when someone is in a very bad mood? Throw them a marathon of their favorite movie or TV series! A pile of comforters and pillows with a line of Disney movies would suffice; along side with bags of popcorn with various popcorn seasonings (nacho cheese is my fave, by the way), pizza, Ben and Jerry's and red vines. You could even take them out to go shopping or see puppies or lunch to bring their spirits up. Anything counts as a simple act of kindness and honestly, you don't have to spend money because money does not buy you happiness.

Now, let's get deep. Big cities like Chicago and New York City are filled with those who are out on the streets begging for money. If you haven't yet, I suggest to look up this video on YouTube about a man, who did a social experiment on acting as a homeless person. This video will become a real eye-opener for you. Anyways, our priorities are beyond me at times. We do not know what others are going through. Yes, we know the basics that they lost their house or family and now have nothing to survive with, but a penny or two could take them a long way. It's sad that we make assumptions on how others live and that goes for the way they dress, their materialistic belongings, their disabilities, their abilities and where they live.

There comes a point where looking down on others only makes us weaker. It makes look worse than their situation because we live in a world where it's every man for themselves. Don't get me wrong, there are times where we need to think about ourselves, but a day to show someone that you care... can definitely turn up in the future. And that is one hell of a ripple effect.