You Have To Root For Yourself, Too

We are all on this journey of life and sometimes we need support. It is always beneficial to have a strong support system, whether that's your significant other, family, or friends. But, we also need to be able to look within ourselves for support. However, I can't help but feel that when you root for yourself, society deems you arrogant, selfish, and egotistical. I truly don't believe someone who looks out for themself is selfish and has bad intentions.

You should celebrate the small things and you should reward yourself. You have to be on your own team and remind yourself daily that you are doing your best. It's important to be responsible for boosting your own self-esteem so when the world tries to break you down, you can remain strong. Confidence in yourself and what you're doing will help you to achieve your goals.

At the end of the day, you have to be your biggest advocate and number one fan. There are some parts of your life that other people don't need an explanation about. We are programmed to desire acceptance and support from the greater good, yet we are all impeccably different. It's okay to not want to follow the same path as the majority. It's okay to stray off on your own. It's okay to make choices and not justify them to people who you feel don't understand where you're coming from.

It's also okay to be part of the majority. But, if you don't feel the status quo works for you, there's no law that forces you to abide by it. You can actually go your own way and carve your own path. Maybe you find yourself in the same place as a lot of other people, but you intend to use this stepping stone towards something completely "different." I am here to tell you to just fucking do it. You are your own person. You're not your mom or dad, sister or brother, best friend, coworker, etc.

You are you and there will only ever be one you. So why be like everybody else? Why conform when it kills you inside and you know that's not what brings you joy? Why compare yourself to others who are on a completely different path?