You Deserve The World. He Isn't It.

You Deserve The World. He Isn't It.

Not another Facebook post for "My boyfriend better do this" or "Find a guy that does this or buys this."

1014
You Deserve The World. He Isn't It.
AMY GRAY

You deserve the world, baby girl, and nothing less than the best will work.

Sweetheart, first off, you are amazing and beautiful. You are intelligent and worthy of the best. Now from a girl to girl perspective, we both know he is not the best for you. It does not matter if ya'll have been together for two weeks or eight years, if he has you second guessing your place in his life, he is not the best for you.

Now, let's talk about what you deserve and no this is not another Facebook post for "My boyfriend better do this" or "Find a guy that does this or buys this" --- you deserve the world plain and simple. You deserve to be someone's world. You deserve someone who genuinely cares about your well-being. You deserve someone who worries about you. Someone who tries their best to protect you but knows that you can take care of your own also. Someone who is sincere in everything that they say. Someone who is mature and thinks about you before they say or do. Someone who understands love and is ready to give and receive love at full force. Someone who wants the best for you and tries their best to be that person for you.Someone who is open to building a life with you.

Now, I know you love him baby girl, I know. However, when you are giving one hundred percent and getting nothing in return then maybe you need to re-evaluate. If you are always the one going to see him, the one creating plans all the time, the one buying all the anniversary gifts and not even receiving a thank you in return, the one who is always being accused of being wrong and dramatic then what's really going on? Does he still want to show you off like he did? Does he still check on you and your health? Does he attempt to see you or do you always have to go see him? Does he still value your opinion on things? Does he appreciate the things you do? Does he still talk about a future with you? Take a minute to think about that and don't sugar coat your answers.

I've been in your shoes, sweetie. I adjusted and I overcame. I used to be the girl who denied that my relationship was drowning and I was going down with it. I spent hundreds without realizing that I was trying to make him happy and nothing worked. Gifts, the random trips, the "I got it baby" dinners, the random acts of kindness around his house, the text messages. I didn't want to admit that he was causing me to suffocate in my own relationship. He didn't want me and our relationship in his heart anymore and it took me stepping back and walking away to see that. I'm happy now and I am finally piecing myself back together. You don't realize how much you try to change and do until you've taken a step back.

Now, I can tell you to leave him, but I'm just a writer composing an article to you. What I can tell you is stop chasing him. Take a few days, don't text him first, don't call him, don't pull into his driveway--- just distract yourself. See if he notices for the right reasons, see if he worries about you.

I can not tell you if you'll like the outcome of the experiment, but I can tell you that you will value knowing where you stand with him. No one is ever too busy to send a "You okay?" text or leave a voicemail or even visit you to check on you. See if he truly wants the best for you and that relationship.

You deserve the world and if he isn't ready to make you his world, then he isn't the best for you.