You Are Worthy And Enough

You Are Worthy And Enough

For the days that you don't feel good enough, know that you really are enough.

657
You Are Worthy And Enough

We’ve all had those days. The ones where you stand in the mirror and can find a million things wrong with you. You know, those days where you just don’t feel skinny enough, pretty enough, or good enough. But what really defines our worth anyways?

Let’s just start off by what you are not...

You are not defined by how flat your stomach is, what your hair looks like, how you dress, or what you look like. You are so much more. These physical things do not define you, and they never will. Once you realize that powerful truth, that you are so much more than these things, you can see that you are enough.

I think in order to see that you are enough, you have to realize the things that truly define who you are and choose to believe in them. You are the books you read. You are the songs you sing the loudest when you’re in the car jamming with your friends. You are the movies you can quote word-for-word because you’ve watched it so many times. You are the dance moves you pull out when you think no one is looking. You are the inside jokes only you and your best friends know about.

You are the encouraging words you speak. You are the love you have for others, and the ways you care for them. Most importantly, you are the person who was perfectly formed by the Creator of the universe. You are the one He made in HIS image and HIS likeness (Genesis 1:26). And trust me, He doesn’t make mistakes.

Once you realize that the God who has put the stars in the sky, colored the fields with flowers, set the world into motion and took the time to make you then how could you not realize you are worth so much? However, even on my best days I can still fail to realize or believe this truth. So, let’s dig deeper...

Ecclesiastes 3:11, “He has made EVERYTHING beautiful in its time.” Read it again. And again. You see that word there in all caps? Yes, it says everything. You fall under that category. He has made you, and He has made you beautiful. A perfect father is going to take great time and care making you and setting your amazing life into motion. So our Heavenly Father did just that. This verse alone screams out your worth and beauty. But I know, sometimes knowing He made you beautiful in time doesn’t feel like it reigns true with all the lies the world is throwing at you. So, let’s dig deeper...

1 Peter 2:9, “But you are chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.” I know this verse doesn’t say anything about how beautiful you are or how you were perfectly put together by Him, but if you look closely, the amount of worth that God places on us in this scripture is breathtaking. I could literally make a long list of how the first part of the verse, “but you are chosen people...”, shows us how much we are worth. We are chosen people. Do you know what that means? God chose YOU.

If He is perfect, wonderful, all-knowing, and chose you, then how can you not be worth more than how you appear? Let this truth sink in for a second. Just close your eyes and try to wrap your mind around the fact that the Man who told the sun to shine and it did wants you. He wants you so much He chose you to be His. Not only did He choose you but He calls you a “royal priesthood," “a holy nation,” and my absolute favorite- “God’s special possession.” You are His, and not only are you His, but He thinks you are special.

Wow. That’s worth. That is beyond worth. That’s God telling you flat out you are worthy. You are more than the clothes you wear, the makeup you put on, the hair you fix, or whatever else has you feeling you aren’t worthy. Why are you more than those things? Because YOU are his special possession. He calls you HIS. Still have troubling believing that you have extreme worth? That’s okay, I’ve been there too. Let’s dig deeper...

This last verse is a pretty popular one. It hangs in girl’s rooms. It hangs in stores. People have looked into it and used it to show woman their worth for years and years. I’m no Bible wiz; I will never claim to be. I’m just simply a 21-year-old girl who is using this scripture as a way to see my own worth, and hopefully help someone else’s see theirs. But this last verse that we are looking at together has so much meaning once you take it apart.

Before I even mention the verse I want you to think about something. Think about the stars in the sky on the most clear night. Aren’t they wonderful, beautiful, even breathtaking? Think about the most perfect sunset. How its rich colors stretch across the sky. It illuminates the sky and everyone pretty much stands there in awe. Isn’t the sunset wonderful, beautiful, and even breathtaking?

Think about your favorite flower, a mountain and all the beautiful trees in the fall. Absolutely wonderful, right? These are all God’s works, His hands created those things and the hands that created all of that created you. “For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well”-Psalm 139:13 & 14. He created you, from the hairs on your head all the way down to your toes.

From the thoughts, you have late at night when you feel alone, to the burst of laughter you have when you are surrounded by people you love. You ARE fearfully and wonderfully made without any mistakes, any mess ups, and any regrets. He made you to be everything you are right now; nothing less and nothing more. He thinks the world of you, and we know that because His works are wonderful and WE are His works! You think of the stars as amazing, the sunset as beautiful, and so on. So why wouldn’t you think of yourself the same if you were created by the same Creator?

I could sit here all day trying to convince you of your worth, because trust me- you have immeasurable worth. But I can only do so much. It is up to you to let these truths rain over you and flush out whatever has kept you thinking that you are unworthy or not good enough. You are His design, His child, His creation. He has made you beautiful, wonderful, and worthy. He is the true giver of your worth, and He will tell you over and over again that you are worth far more than you could ever imagine. So, believe it.