You, My Friend, Are Perfectly Imperfect

You, My Friend, Are Perfectly Imperfect

Just because you have insecurities does not mean there is something wrong with you.

114
You, My Friend, Are Perfectly Imperfect
Karl Fredrickson

Here's the deal peeps.

We all have a person we idolize and a person we want to be more like. I know for me that person is Rey from The Force Awakens because I love how she is an extremely broken and angry person, but still exudes strength and takes risks and helps others. I want to be more like Rey.

But that's the thing. So many time's we look at our heroes and we see them as these perfect individuals with absolutely no issues and, if they have issues, they know exactly how to handle it and overcome them extremely fast. I am here to tell you that that is simply not true. Even our heroes have serious insecurities and struggles and they deal with that daily, just like me and you.

Recent events have pushed me to start going to counseling. Let me tell you, already it has been the best decision that I could have made. After one session. I already feel like I have more of a sense of direction and a place to start on my road to self-discovery. I have my own reasons for going to counseling, but the point of this is this:

No one is perfect and you know what?

YOU ARE PERFECTLY IMPERFECT.

What does this mean? It means that just because you have insecurities or struggles, does not mean that you are a bad person or that something is wrong with you. Everyone has struggles and obstacles that they face on a daily basis, but here is what makes certain people stand out from the crowd: what you decide to do with those struggles is what will make or break you.

If you are struggling with something but decide to let it overcome you and consume your life, you are setting yourself up to go down a path that is very difficult to come back from. If you recognize that you have an issue and just wallow in the pain, then how will you grow? How will you learn? No life is perfect. Every life has scars and struggles, but every obstacle you face is an opportunity to grow and overcome. Some people take it so far so as to see every day as an opportunity to grow and learn. I have one friend who documents every conversation they have with a stranger and the piece of wisdom they have to offer because they want to learn.

Obstacles are not easy and some are much more severe than others. Some last much longer than others as well and the never-ending pain that is tied to it sometimes seems unbearable, but I promise you that the struggle and the fight is worth it.

So here is my little advice to you.

Do not give up. Do not be ashamed to go to counseling. Do not be afraid to speak up about your hurt and pain. Let people walk with you through that. Find a mentor who will keep you accountable. Pray as often as you can because God is the only one who will ALWAYS be listening and will ALWAYS be there. ALWAYS be genuinely and relentlessly you, because you are perfectly imperfect just the way you are. Struggles and all.