You're Not Alone
Lifestyles

Whatever You Are Struggling With, Please Know You Are Not Alone

There will always be someone willing to stand beside you.

317
Brianna Regner

In the divided world we live in today, it's hard to find things that almost everyone can agree on. With topics such as abortion, immigration, or church, everyone has their own opinion and different thoughts on the matters. After thinking of all the topics that people disagree on, I began thinking about things that we can all agree on, and let me tell you the list is limited. One thing that we can all agree on, and if you don't you are just lying to yourself, is that this wonderful life that we are each living is hard. This life is really, really great, but there will be a time, most likely multiple times, where this life is really hard. There will be times where you feel like the whole world is against you, you can't do anything right, or what's the point to any of this. But, you're not alone.

You may think that nobody has ever gone through what you are going through or nobody could possibly understand, but there is someone. Each and every single person lives a different life, but there will always be somebody out there who has gone through something similar to you. Whether it's struggles in relationships, surgeries, school, cancer, jobs, travels, loneliness, anxiety, depression, perfection, frustration, low self-esteem, money, faith, happiness, or anything else under the sun, somebody somewhere is going through something similar to you and is struggling just like you might be.

The problem is that we think we have to go through everything alone, but that's not true. We are not meant to go through this journey of life alone. That's why we have family, friends, neighbors, communities, coworkers, counselors, teachers, classmates, and even dentists who are there to help us along the way. Life is not fair and it is full of ups and downs, but beating yourself up and giving in or up is not the answer. I don't know what everyone goes through and what people all struggle with and I can't relate to everything, but there is someone out there who does. No matter what, there will always be someone willing to stand by you, comfort you, and love you, whether you believe that or not is up to you.

I know I have experienced some of the darkest times of my life, and I'm sure I still have some along the way, and to be quite honest I don't always know how I got through them. I could give some annoying advice like think about the positives, or try to be happy, or just simply move on, but there really is only one piece of advice that I can give that has helped me along the way. Lean on those around you. Yes, those dark times will be filled with tears, anger, sadness, and you might just always want to be alone, but those times will also be filled with people who love you and want to support you. This life wasn't meant to be easy, we were made to have struggles but we were also made to make it through them. You can do it. You can get through it. There will be a better side, there always is. Happiness, love, laughs, excitement, adventure, fulfillment are all waiting for you. It might take a while, but you will get there and so will the person sitting beside you who is struggling with something of their own. There will always be someone willing to stand beside you and help get you through because you are not alone, you will never be alone. This world can be a dark and scary place, but it is also full of love, and that's what we need more of.