You Are Not Defined By A Number

​You Are Not Defined By A Number — You Are An Individual With Worth And A Purpose

It doesn't matter how you think you "measure" up, you are worthy.

174

We live in a world full of numbers. We use them to measure, rank, and judge...but how often are those helpful uses harmful to us, as human beings? Have we allowed our reliance on numbers to take away our value as people? Whether you intended to or not, I'm sure you've used a number to be hard on yourself — but I've got news for you.

Your GPA does not define you.

The score of the test you just took does not define you.

The number on the scale does not define you.

The amount of money you make does not define you.

The number of likes you receive on social media does not define you.

The number of friends you have does not define you.

The price tag on your clothes does not define you.

Objects do not define you, and numbers most definitely do not define you.

A number does not take away any of your intelligence. It does not make you any less of an incredible human being. A number does not lessen your worth, and it certainly does not make you less lovable, less capable or less deserving than any other person.

You have the opportunity to be and do whatever you want every single day. You as a being are a miracle. You developed from the tiniest of matter into someone who can think, breath, and live on their own. Do not let a number stop you from getting your dream job or reaching your ultimate happiness. You are so so much more than just a number.

You are worthy of happiness, love, and success. Do not let a number take that away from you.