To Anyone Who Needs to Hear It, You Are Not A Burden

Reach out to your friends & family when you need help

326
https://pixabay.com/en/people-hands-distance-reach-out-2577986/
Pixabay.com

We all struggle with something. No one goes through life unscathed - we all face many trials and battles. The reason for these sometimes seemingly insurmountable mountains is to show us our own strength when we conquer them. However, we were never meant to climb them alone. That's why we are also given friends, family, mentors, and others to help us along the way. When we lean on those around us, the mountain doesn't become smaller, but the climb becomes easier because we aren't just relying on our own strength anymore.

Think about a time when a friend or loved one reached out to you in need of help. How willing you were to be there for them because you cared about them and loved them and wanted to help them. How good you felt afterward because being there for someone made you feel useful, purposeful.

Now think about whatever it is you struggle with. Maybe it's an addiction you can't give up, dealing with an eating disorder, living with depression, anxiety, struggling with school, relationship problems, or the grief of losing a loved one.

Know this - you are not alone in these struggles, and your friends and family WANT to be there for you.

You are not a burden to them. They want to see you flourish, and they want to be in your corner when you are hurting. Plus, the odds that they themselves have struggled with the same thing you are struggling with are pretty high. Having someone you trust know what is going on gives you someone to lean on, and it is so much easier when we know we aren't alone. They might not be able to give you expert advice, but they can be there for you even if just to sit with you quietly and be your company. Because you MATTER, and you are WORTH it. When we stop trying to carry all our weight on our own backs and let other people carry some of the load, we can stand taller. Don't believe the lie that you are alone in your struggles, because the truth is you are so loved by so many.

Reach out. You matter to me.