You Are More Than Numbers

It seems like humans tend to define a good portion of our self worth by numeric indicators. How tall we are, how much we weigh, how many friends we have, how old we are, how many years we've been in school, what our grades are...

And while those things can be and are important at times, they are by no means the most important thing. Don't focus on the number on your transcript, focus on how much you've learned and how you can apply your school years to your life. Don't focus on your height or your weight, focus on your personality. Don't focus on your number of friends, focus on what they do for you and what you do for them.

I'm not saying that you can't be proud of yourself for getting a great grade or for losing a few pounds - you absolutely can be! But you shouldn't let these things be the most important thing in your life, for better or for worse. There are much better things, much better accomplishments for you to aim for you and take pride in. You are worth so much, and that worth is absolutely NOT numeric at all.

The world may not agree with these statements, but I still think that everyone should try to take them in, learn them, and internalize them fully. You will be much more happy with yourself, and perhaps even much more successful, that way! At the very least, you'll be less stressed out (hopefully). It may take awhile to learn what you are truly worth, but you will learn it one day, so long as you make an effort. So forget about the numbers and start loving yourself for what you are, right in this moment.