You Are Loved

You Are Loved

I am Christian, and I love you!

622

To my brothers and sisters in the LGBTQ+ community: I love you. I love you for your bravery, your persistence, your care for others, and most importantly your love. You have faced so much hate your entire life for the simple action of loving and you have responded to that hate with even more love. You have organized rallies, raised money, started social media movements, and stood up for yourselves with dignity, respect, and pride. You ultimately changed the law and are finally able to get married in the eyes of the law.

You are beautifully and wonderfully you. I am so proud of you.

Look, I believe in the Christian bible and the Christian God and I believe He loves EVERYONE! I cannot deny the fact that the bible notes being homosexual as a sin nor can I deny that getting a tattoo, eating pork on Fridays, cursing, sex before marriage, and divorce are sins! Everyone sins daily. To think that the idea of love can be sinful is absolutely disgusting. We are not the judge on earth. My bible tells me I am here to love others and show them the love and light and Christ, not judge them.

We are supposed to have a separation of church and state.

Ignoring all religious beliefs, it is important to remember how separate church and state are meant to be. Any laws that are founded on Christian values that attack or restrict another group or culture should be banished! While the legislative fight was won, the social fight still presses on, with personal and group biases putting down those members of the LGBTQ+ community.

It breaks my hearts to see such hateful Christians.

I know many Christians who are extremely hateful toward the LGBTQ+ community, but I also know many Christians who are members of the LGBTQ+ community. The way I was taught with my religion was to love everyone endlessly. Nowhere does it say in the bible to hate the sinner; you can only hate the sin. If you hate the sin, fine; that does not give you the right to take away someone else's quality of life. It does not give you the right to show hatred—which is a sin in itself!

Keep fighting.

I know it can seem overwhelming, but always remember there are people who are not members of your community that are supporting you and loving you. I will always stand with you.