You ARE Here For A Reason

You ARE Here For A Reason

Everyone Matters

1
Carrie Sandoval

Have you ever felt that you weren't good enough? Have you ever sat down and thought about why you aren't good enough? Is it your weight? Height? Sexual Orientation? Race? Religion? Eye color? Political views? Whatever it may be, remember that you are not the only one who has those same thoughts, feelings, who has the same sexual orientation as you, etc.

Growing up, everyone was always afraid to be who the truly wanted to be, because they wanted to fit in, which is completely normal in Jr/Sr High- but when you graduate high school, you need to figure out who you're going to be...and fast. Going off to college, they expect you to know what major you want to study and what you want to do for a living...I can barely pick out an outfit in the morning! So don't think that you're the only one with these struggles.

There are some people that we will encounter that are amazing at solving personal issues and then there are others who are not so good at solving personal issues, both are fine! You'll figure it out, kid, no worries! Life isn't always a box of chocolates, sometimes it's a jalapeño pepper(you get my analogy?)

Whatever it may be that you are struggling with in life, you will overcome it. Now, I'm not saying you'll overcome it tomorrow or the following day, it may take a month or two to overcome it but you will. There are always new obstacles in life, so get used to it; once one ends, a new one starts! It's kind of like the circle of life!

How do I know that you do matter? God loves us all equally and we all are children of God, whether you believe in him or not- we are all beautiful creations of Him. When life gets tough, put on your big girl/boy boots and walk through, there will always be light at the end of the tunnel. Whether you have a large group of friends or a minuscule group of friends, someone is always there willing to listen to you and to let you know that your ideas and concerns matter. You DO have a say in what goes on. You ARE the one who is in charge of your own life and if you aren't satisfied with where you're at, put your best foot forward and start moving. You can move mountains, I know you can.

Moral of this is, no matter what goes on, you do matter. If your so called friends make you feel like you don't matter, get new friends.. friends are supposed to help you grow, not destroy you.

Here are a few lyrics from select songs to prove to you that you do matter and that you are never alone:

1. "You are not alone, I am here with you. Though we're far apart, you're always in my heart." - Michael Jackson

2. "Every time that you wake up breathing, every night when you close your eyes, every day that your heart keeps beating, there's purpose for your life, so don't give up, don't lay down, just hold on, don't quit now, every breath that you take has meaning, you are here for a reason." - Ashes Remain

3. "To give up your life for a friend, when sacrifice doesn't make sense, that's what love is." - Full Armor Band

4. "I'm gonna stand by you, even if you can't find heaven, I'll walk through hell with you." - Rachel Platten

5. "I care. Ooh, I care. I care. Because I've been there." - Full Armor Band