You Are Always Enough To Sit At God's Table

always

1744
Kassem Mahfouz

One of my biggest worries, especially as a college student, is wondering whether or not people like me. I have awful anxiety about being left out. To me, being left out means I am unloved and unimportant, and I am left wondering if people have something against me. I wonder what is wrong with me. And I know I am not the only who struggles with this.

Just even within the first few weeks of my second, as I deal with this battle daily, God has really been reminding me to whom I belong. I belong to Him. He will always love me; I will always be important to him. Most importantly I will always have a seat at his table. We all have a seat at God’s table.

“And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.” –Ephesians 2:6-7

I, we, are seated with God. That love, acknowledgement, and importance that we search for in others is already found in God. I am always the person trying to impress everyone and make sure I am enough to be able to “sit at their table;” I fight for a spot. With God, we do not need to fight. You may not see yourself as enough or the one wo meets the requirements, but in Christ you have always been enough and always will be.

Psalm 23: 5 says “You prepare a table before me. . .” The word prepare has such connotation behind it. God has already prepared a seat for us, in advance. We did not have to do anything; God just loves us that much. Why then do we so hard fight for others love when God’s love surpasses any manly love I could ever find?

“For it is by grace you have been saved, though faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God” –Ephesians 2:8

We do not have to work and try to impress God for a seat at His table. When it comes to society, we try and do everything we can to impress friends, family, employers etc., but when it comes to God it is not our works that define us. We were all created in the image of God, all created with different talents, and we all have a seat at the same table. There is no more one can do than another to be seen superior in God’s eyes.

“Salvation is not a reward for the righteous, but a gift for the guilty.” –Steven Lawson
So why do we still fight so hard for others approval? I know it is easier said than done, trust me I struggle with this every day of my life, but we already have a spot with the one who loves us unconditionally. We do not have to fight to be on the inside or compare ourselves to others. Our Savior has already come and won the battle. He fought for our spot and set us free. Our seat awaits for us. I will gladly take my seat at God’s table, will you?