Yes, It Is Possible To Be An Introverted Extrovert.

Introvert: a shy, reticent person. Extrovert: an outgoing, overtly expressive person.

207
Grace's Camera Roll

I know you're probably wondering, how can one be shy and reticent, yet outgoing and overtly expressive? Well, I'm here to tell you it is 100 percent possible.

These are the kind of people that feed off of positive energy from others around them, but also use their alone time to recharge their minds from the chaos that interaction with others brings. These are also the people that REALLY value their alone time. To them, being curled up with a blanket and a movie is the perfect chill night in.

These are the kind of people that can talk for hours on end certain days, but then on other days find peace within their own company.

These are also the people that will be the most adventurous one in their friend group, but when it comes to meeting other people, the adventure is up to them to decide.

These are the kind of people that get up and go and do things alone, because doing things by themselves feels more efficient and proactive than waiting around and relying on other people. At the same time, however, these people also LOVE to do things with people, because the same joy that comes with doing things alone, is the same joy that is brought to them by doing things with others.

These are the people that seem like a completely open book, but actually keep in many personal and valuable information, that almost no one knows about them.

These are the people that keep a very hard heart, and does not show a vulnerable side to them, unless it is around the very few people in their lives that have earned that special place to express how they are truly feeling.

These are the people that spend a lot of time just thinking. It could be about anything, too. Because of the valued alone time, the mind of an introverted extrovert is powerfully creative and imaginative.

These are the people that have natural tendencies to be the first one to speak up, be a leader, and stand up for what they believe in, but are quick to stop there because of wanting to get along and keep the peace with everyone.

These are the people that love to just sit in silence and appreciate the beauty of a calm environment. Introverted extroverts gravitate towards people that find an equal appreciation towards this, as well. When an introverted extrovert is silent, it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong, in fact most of the time everything is perfectly fine, this is just their way of relaxing.

Introverted extroverts are complex, and hard-to-read individuals. I know this because I am one. As frustrating as it is having these two completely opposite personalities, they balance each other out so well that there is a beauty found in these silent yet talk-your-ear-off kind of people. It's hard for people to understand all the layers of an introverted extrovert, but once they do, and find an appreciation for it, they realize that they are some of the best people to have around.

"I used to think I was extremely introverted because I really liked being alone, but it turns out I just like being at peace with myself and my surroundings & I am extremely extroverted when I am around people that bring me comfort and happiness."