Yes I'm a Woman, Yes I Have Tattoos

Yes I'm a Woman, Yes I Have Tattoos

I am a woman with tattoos, and I wish more people would be ok with it.

11
Yes I'm a Woman, Yes I Have Tattoos
Khamsi Tattoo

Tattoo(N): the act or practice of marking the skin with indelible patterns, pictures, legends, etc.,but making punctures in it and inserting pigments.

Woman(N): an adult female person.

When you look at these two definitions, not one place does it say that women are not meant to have tattoos. I’m a 25 year old female, who is a teacher, who plans on getting married and having children, and I have 7 tattoos so far. I do not regret a single one of the tattoos that I have, and I cannot wait until I can get more.

I have always wanted tattoos. I grew up with a dad who always had tattoos, and I can remember watching him plan to get a new one. He has more tattoos than I can count, and tattoos were always something that I could share with him. I knew that he wanted me to get a tattoo when I was 18, but things didn’t work that way. I planned to get one when I was a little over 18, but chickened out the day before.. I broke out in hives from a nervous breakdown. It took me 5 years to get my first one, and I was hooked! Believe me, what they say is true… tattoos are addicting! I am terrified of needles, but there is just something about getting a tattoo that I love.

Nothing erks me more than when people remind me that I am a female and I have tattoos. Or when they ask me what am I going to go when I get married and my tattoos show. My tattoos are a part of me; they all tell a story. So I will display them with pride. Just because I have tattoos does not make me a bad person. All my tattoos mean something to me, and they forever will. When I look at them, I am reminded of some of the best times of my life, of things or people I want to keep with me, or the courage and strength I will always have within me. I wish that people would respect the choice that I have made to get this beautiful artwork and representation of things on my body.

I can’t wait for the day when I have kids and they ask me about my tattoos and I can tell them the stories about them and what each and everyone mean to me. Hopefully tattoos can be something that we share; just like it is something I share with my dad. But if not, that is okay too. Tattoos are not for everyone, but remember they are for some people, and I think that is is so important that people remember that. Try not to judge someone; especially woman, when you see the tattoos they have. Tattoos could be their way of telling a story, so maybe take the time to ask them about them and learn their story.