Yes, I Graduated During COVID 19 And No It Did Not Ruin My College Experience

Survived online college 2020...

39
Maggie Kooi Facebook

I graduated just this past month, and boy has it been one heck of a roller coaster ride from transitioning to in-person classes to fully online classes. I had multiple projects to work on when we made the switch to online learning, so every day was its own unique challenge. All of my classes somehow felt much different than before, and there was a part of me that knew that this was going to affect me and shape me.

I fell kind of in a routine once the transition actually happened to complete all my classes. I found myself even more in my element as I navigated GroupMe and texting my group members. I became almost like a group leader in one of my project groups , and honestly, I'm not mad about it because it got us an even better grade. My other projects came together towards the end of the time, but I learned that working with others in a time like this will be somewhat similar to a work environment I will be in, in the near future (lets hope!).

If classes had been in person, I would not have had the same emotions and learning experiences. Every day I learned something new about myself and others. So while yes, COVID did interrupt my senior year and take away my last memories with my friends, it did not ruin my college experience. I was still able to complete my other courses in previous semesters, and while this semester was not like the others at all, it taught me that life is not going to always go as you think it's going to. You will have to learn to pivot and change your mindset in any given situation, and this truly was one of those situations, whether we want to believe it or not.

To the class of 2020, we did it (online and all, we did the dang thing!).