Yes I Gained Weight, No I am Not Sorry

Yes, I 100 Percent Gained Weight, And I Have 00 Regrets About It

I'm sorry, does my jean size concern you?

4247

When I left high school I was a slim 120 pounds. A normal weight right? I was putting in 20+ hours a week in a gym or studio, if I ate, it was lean meals that barely filled me up, and I was running on 4-6 hours of sleep a night.

When I was warned about college weight I honestly blew it off due to the fact that you could see my hip bones and my arms looked like toothpicks. I thought, "I would never let that happen to me." Thinking about all the people I know who left high school and had come back to homecoming games looking a little... fuller.

As I'm writing this, I am a junior in college and I have gained around 30 pounds... Am I sorry?

Hell No.

A lot of girls my age struggle with weight in college due to a variety of reasons. I am not here to list them for you and tell you how to be ultra slim thicc in 30 days, I am not here to tell you to sign up for my AWESOME fitness and protein shake program, and I am for sure not here to tell you that you need to follow my Insta for all my workouts and pics of my avocado toast.

What I am here to tell you is that, you should not be sorry for your body. You should not be making excuses on why you've gained. As long as you are living a full, beautiful, eventual life, who cares? Who cares if people from your hometown start to talk about your weight? Who cares if you have to go up two jean sizes? All that matters is YOUR WELL BEING.

When I look at who I was three years ago compared to who I am today; I may be 30 pounds heavier, but I am healthy. I get a full 8 hours of sleep every night, I eat way too many avocados, I make time for myself, and most importantly I am happy. It is okay to gain, because you are probably gaining so many amazing things in other areas too. I now have an extremely supportive group of friends, I find myself a confident woman, and I can proudly say I live each day to the fullest without counting calories.

So if you're reading this and realizing this is you AF, my advice to you is, enjoy that pizza, drink that water, and love yourself because no matter what jean size you are, you are you and that's all that matters.