Yeah we're alone, so what?

Yeah we're alone, so what?

Advice from a college kid who has no idea what she is doing
7522

"Until you get comfortable with being alone you will never know if you are choosing someone out of love, or loneliness" -Mandy Hale

Alright, yeah being single kind of sucks sometimes. You see people in these happy relationships on social media getting dogs, traveling, getting engaged or married, and experiencing life together. But here is a little reminder for you: not everything is what it seems.

And I'm sure there are some couples who have all of these things listed above and more and are so happily and disgustingly in love with one another, but don't put such high expectations on yourself and your tinder date.

This past year I went through a HUGE growth period (well still going through it honestly, because I believe there is always room to learn or grow). I've come to a lot of realizations about myself and what I want FOR ME. Regarding my career; I have never been so driven about something the way I am about teaching young minds, travel goals; I want to hike Mauna Loa in Hawaii to watch the sunset, how much money I would like to save (and that is super hard for me I am the worst saver of all), and the kind of friends I would like to surround myself with. I'm finding out more and more everyday about myself, and the reason that I encourage you to do this is because I believe it is important to fall in love with yourself. Self-love tip: turn on your favorite Disney playlist, and dance your freaking heart out. No one is watching you. Go crazy! Twerk! Shake what ya mama gave ya! Be the hip-hop artist that you are deep down, and just go crazy.

Being single is so cool girls. I know it sucks seeing Chad make out with that girl at some party, but in reality, would he even be a good dog dad? Or cat dad? Probably not. So become the person you are meant to be. Water your own plants. Feed your own soul. Let yourself try the weirdest possible things like starfruit or some weird fish at the market, and then love it! Go skydiving by yourself. Go bike riding in the rain because why the hell not? Try baking that thing you saw on Buzzfeed! Whatever you do, I encourage you to try things. I remember one time that I tried to bake a cheesecake or something like that, and the thing caught fire. Literally. Don't ask me how because I still don't know.

My point here is: life is so much fun. So lets enjoy the hell out of it while we are young.

Disclaimer: I am not a life coach. I am not a love expert. I am not a million dollar match maker. I am just trying to offer some of my own personal insight on life because, we only get this once. So why not live it up as much as we can? And who knows, maybe the person you are meant to be with skydiving on the same day you are?