21 Ways To Earn A Six-Pack Without Doing A Single Crunch

You may find it shocking to know that a crunch doesn't actually work out all of your abdominal muscles in a healthy way. There's a lot of strain on your neck and impact on your back from the constant lowering down. It's just not ideal to put all your focus on doing crunches to achieve your six-pack. Abdominal core strengthening exercise is important and can be found within other forms of exercise. Yes, you might be working out other parts of your body at the same time, but it's not abusive to your body like a sit-up.

1. Hula hoop

The width of the hula hoop adheres to different levels of core strength when exercising.

2. Push-ups

There are a variety of push-ups you can do! Find ones that make you feel best.

3. Forward plank

This can either be forearm base with your elbows bent or palm base with your arms fully extended.

4. Side plank

5. Running

There are many forms of running such as light jogging, sprinting, or long-distance.

6. Squats

Don't forget to get creative with your squats, with either weights or foot angle placements.

7. Mountain climbers

Plank with some knee to belly-button action. Alternate for maximum effects and go at your own pace!

8. Crossing leg lifts

Stand shoulder-length feet apart and spread your arms out horizontally with your palms facing down. Lift your leg straight up to the opposite hand, and touch! You may move your hands to meet your foot according to your flexibility.

9. Goddess side bends

Stand in a squat position, lay your elbow on your thigh, and have your arm lift up above your head as if trying to meet your elbow. Repeat on both sides!

10. Reverse warrior to side angle

Warrior position, both hands placed behind your head, and rock back and forth as if you'd like your elbow to touch your thigh. Do this for both sides of the warrior position.

11. Wild thing crunches

One leg side plank arm fully extended. Stretch back while placing the other leg behind the leg of the plank foundation then come back to the standard side plank form while reaching closer to the center.

12. Falling triangle pulses

Start from one leg downward dog position with the other leg in the air, fully extended. Lower the leg in the air towards your bellybutton for a knee-bend to the opposite side and extend to form an L. Your leg should now be horizontally in the air while being in a side plank position. Pulsate your leg in the air. Go back to downward dog and switch for the other leg.

13. Hip dips

Base with the forearm plank position and rock your hips side to side as if you're trying to swivel your hip to touch the ground.

14. Plow to boat

Start at shavasana. Lift your legs to touch your forehead make sure you are breathing into this. Then, as you descend your legs ascend your upper body to form a V with your legs and upper body. Stay at the V shape this is called the boat. Stay as long as you can then go back to shavasana and repeat when ready.

15. Full boat to half boat

This is similar to the previous exercise, but without having to lift your legs to your forehead. You start at shavasana then you lift your legs while lifting your upper body to form a V shape. Be sure to arrive back to shavasana carefully without impacting your back. Repeat at the base from shavasana.

16. Reclined twists

Start from shavasana. Spread your arms out horizontally with your palms facing up. Bring your knees in at a 90 degree angle. Bring your knees side to side in a swivel motion.

17. Bicycle v-up

Start off from your boat position with your arms placed by your hips elbows bent for support. Draw one leg in with your knee bent while lowering extending the other leg out without touching the ground. Switch legs and go at your own pace.

18. Banded leg raises

You will need a long resistant band. Start from shavasana, place the band around your neck and raise your legs up vertically within the band. Lower your legs as far as you can and bring them back up to the vertical position thereby creating the 90-degree angle again with your legs up in the air and your upper body laying on the ground.

19. Reclined march

Start from shavasana. Bring both of your knees towards your belly. Extend on leg out and do not let it touch the ground. Switch legs at your own pace.

20. Lower leg lift

Start from shavasana. Raise your legs up vertically. Lower your legs as far as you can and bring them back up to the vertical position thereby creating the 90-degree angle again with your legs up in the air and your upper body laying on the ground. Lift your legs up vertically as if you're trying to lift the ceiling. Repeat!

21. Table top hover

Get into the table top position. Lift your knees from the ground. This ends up being a unique forward plank. Extend your leg back horizontally for more advanced measures (don't forget to extend both legs).