Why Writing For A Publisher Boosts Your Skills

Try to write for a publisher and see what happens.

11
static pexels

Writing. You see it everywhere. It is way more than scribbling words onto paper or typing words to form sentences. You can make a living off of it. You can use it to convey messages, ideas, thoughts and emotion into words and desires. Writing is something that is necessary in the world that we thrive in. Writing is a form of expression that we put down on paper to show our response to something. While writing can feel like an isolating, individual act—just you and the computer or pad of paper—it is really a social act, a way in which we respond to the people and world around us.

For me, writing is a skill that was always innate. Something that is quite personal and which I felt that I could not express fully. Writing is hard, but then again, nothing is ever easy. It can come naturally for some, but to others, it may take some time to get used to. Bad writing is a fear for many. Having their work torn apart in front of an audience is quite humiliating and degrading. However, you do feel a hint of satisfaction when you finally get your idea out.

One of the things that have helped me get over my fear of being criticized is to keep writing. It did not matter what I wrote about; as long as I had a clear, concise goals and objectives, I would be content. However, what was a huge surprise for me was that I was told to write to get more views and interactions with my articles rather than to write for the sake of writing. Now, I do know that people have different goals in their writing and that one person’s goals with writing is not uniform with every writer. One can write to get as many views as he or she can or one other person can write just to develop creative and written language skills. There are many other goals than this, however, I believe that I fall into the latter category. The reason why you should write is for the sake of writing and to build your communication competencies.

This falls into the main reason why you should write for a publisher. Writing for a publisher helps your voice be heard to a larger population, and it also builds your skills to be more effective in written communication. Now, there are some perks that come with writing, such as improving your verbal skills, increasing creativity and helping organize your thoughts. But the main reason to write for a publisher is to build your writing skills for the sake of writing.

Writing is one of those things in the world that is prevalent everywhere. By writing for a publisher, you are not only developing yourself and your thought processes, you are letting your voice be heard. That is why you should write for a publisher, whether it be in a magazine or online.