What Writing Means to Me

What Writing Means to Me

Writing is a way to keep dreams alive.

36
What Writing Means to Me
Odyssey

"A writer, by nature, is a dreamer - a conscious dreamer."

Writing, for me, is more than a past time. Writing is a hobby, a way of relieving stress and emotions, and a way of dreaming. Writing, whether it is a short story, poetry, or something that has happened, is my release and my safe haven. I started writing approximately 2 and a half years ago, and haven't looked back. I don't know what got me started, but I'm glad that it did!

Writing is a hobby to me. When I am bored at home or trying to fall asleep at night, I pull out my notebook or journal and words start pouring onto the page. I am extremely happy to have the ability to do this, because a lot of people don't. Writing isn't a task for me, it is a fun thing to do. Writing is a hobby.

When it is in the worst of times, writing is an outlet. Whether I am stressing with academics, extra-curricular activities, my job, or my future, my journal is right there for me. It is kind of like that friend that you can go to that won't tell any of your secrets. I can write whatever I want to in my journal and I know that it won't run and tell anyone behind my back. Writing is a way of releasing the tensity that is built up.

Writing is a way of dreaming. Most people say that when you close your eyes and fall asleep, you then dream. I beg to differ. I dream whenever I am talking, singing, painting, shopping, and WRITING. Writing is a way to dream on paper. You can write and dream about your future, the present, about people, about anything, really. Writing is a way to dream that keeps them around and alive.

I'm not here to tell you that everyone should be a writer, because trust me, they shouldn't be. It is something to think about, though. Are you looking for a new hobby, a healthy coping mechanism, or a way to keep your dreams alive? If so, then maybe writing is for you!