Why I Write For Odyssey And Why You Should Too

Why I Write On Odyssey And Why You Should Too

Don't be afraid to give it a chance!

46
Mari Reaves

These past few months on Odyssey have been tough. We've had so many changes come our way and we've handled it but not somewhat gracefully. I had to switch to writing bi-weekly because my work schedule is crazy, and I never have time to write anymore, and I also have no idea what to write.

This week was the same. I work 35-40 hours a week and on a regular Wednesday night, I sit at my computer and just sit because I don't know what I want to write about. So, this is why I chose to write on Odyssey.

I have an insane life story. For those who know, it's crazy and I haven't even told you the good parts. I wanted a way for me to be able to write about my life story but I'm still unsure of how to approach it.

I love to write. English class was my favorite subject in school. I took a creative writing class once and just fell in love with writing. I don't care if I'm not good at it. It's begun to be a passion.

Articles about my dog. Never a bad time to spread the love on my fur baby.

It's my outlet. I don't have a lot of friends. I'm very anxious in social ways to where I just do talk to people. I also have an RBF, so that helps me SO much. I don't have anyone to talk to really, so Odyssey has been a great way for me to express how I feel in certain situations. I've never been one to just be out there about my beliefs so it's helpful to have a system to where I can say my peace.

The community. I have met so many girls in the Odyssey community that have really helped me in many ways and I've enjoyed the social events we've had together. Overall a truly positive and inspiring group of girls and boys who are so talented and wise in their young years.

I write because I'm passionate about it and Odyssey has given me that power. Writing for them will really change how you see certain topics and you make new friends. It's worth it.